water?

Options
Just wondering how many oz. of water we are supposed to be drinking a day? Is it 32, 64 or more? Not really sure.... :huh: Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• LaLa482
    LaLa482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do this and I am adequately hydrated:

Weight in pounds/2 = water you should drink in ounces.

For example:

Weight = 200lb
    Weight/2=100
    Total water to drink daily = 100 ounces
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I do this and I am adequately hydrated:

Weight in pounds/2 = water you should drink in ounces.

For example:

Weight = 200lb
    Weight/2=100
    Total water to drink daily = 100 ounces

I do the same... My doctor said to drink half my weight in water every day... I am still drinking 1/2 my weight from my start weight even though I lost 20lbs as my body literally craves the water. It's weird especially since when i first started drinking water I would literally gag (as I all i ever drank was Diet Coke and Beer)... now it's just a habit, i never go anywhere without my 32oz water bottle!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You need to drink enough for your urine to be pale yellow and not be feeling thirsty. You get plenty of fluid in a day from foods (an apple is 85% water) as well as any liquids that you drink so there is no reason to chug water just for the sake of drinking it. Even the 8 glasses a day myth has been totally debunked as a tactic by a bottled water company to get people buying more. Drink what you want and don't worry about measuring it all.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You need to drink enough for your urine to be pale yellow and not be feeling thirsty. You get plenty of fluid in a day from foods (an apple is 85% water) as well as any liquids that you drink so there is no reason to chug water just for the sake of drinking it. Even the 8 glasses a day myth has been totally debunked as a tactic by a bottled water company to get people buying more. Drink what you want and don't worry about measuring it all.

All of the above