Question for the ladies: BLOATED

Options
Hi, all it is that time of the month for me and I am finding that I am bloated more than usual. What do you all do to decrease bloating. I have been walking at least an hour 4 days a week while on vacation and I drink 9-20 glasses of water a day. I have been giving in to some cravings but I'm not going too crazy with it. Thanks in advance for the help!

Replies

• TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Nothing helps my bloating but I do try to drink as much water as possible and not give in to chocolate/carb cravings!!

I also walk around 12 miles a week so know how you feel.

Just keep up with the good work and hopefully you will be back to normal in a few days x
  • threesixten
    threesixten Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. usually lowering carbs significantly around that time helps me a bit. And keep drinking water! I've heard dead sea salt baths help with water retention as well. And patience!
  • angelinarun
    Options
    Have you tried probiotics?
  • MensEtSalvere2013
    MensEtSalvere2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yes. I had a pro-biotic drink this AM :)
  • Drea702
    Drea702 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am starting that same issue as I type, I am 2-3 lbs up. So I am following along to other suggestions!
  • baybeejulia
    baybeejulia Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, nothing helps bloating but going to the bathroom for me (sorry). Sometimes it takes days though, up to a week. I don't recommend drinking too much water as that will cause you to be even more bloated.

Edit: Bloating from my monthlies goes away after my monthlies start, nothing I can do about that :(
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Upping my fibre has helped long term, making sure I combine soluble with insoluble. Short term I've found probiotics help, but I don't know if that's just in my head. I take starflower oil to help with TOM stuff and since I started taking it my periods seem lighter and I have less pain. I've also lost a bit of weight so it could be down to that too.

A good friend of mine said this about supplements: "You can't prove a negative, so you keep on taking it because it might help."

Forgot to ask the obvious, is this bloating new? Or is it something you've just become more aware of? New bloating might be down to increased levels of dietary fibre.
  • geraldinekieser1
    Options
    Drinking lots of water and avoiding salty foods helps me a lot... :)