drinking water but still thirsty

Options
2»

Replies

• g04fit_girl
    Options
    Very interesting feedback. I'm the same the more I drink the more thirsty i am ...
  • Flabulousss
    Options
    I drink 100-138 ounces (12-17 cups) a day because I'm thirsty. It's really hard to drink too much.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    Extreme thirst is a symptom of diabetes (your body is trying to dilute the blood glucose). Please get checked the next time you visit the GP.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Extreme thirst is a symptom of diabetes (your body is trying to dilute the blood glucose). Please get checked the next time you visit the GP.

This. OP, you need to check your glucose.

My dog is diabetic. We didn't know he was sick until he started peeing all over the house because he was drinking way too much.
    Now he's on insulin and we monitor how much he drinks. When he starts drinking like crazy, it means his glucose level is high.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    your not doing it right,,, add whiskey
  • sarah456s
    sarah456s Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I find that when I start getting dehydrated, I stop feeling thirsty but start craving sugar. Then if I actually recognize that I should have some water instead of sugar, it's like my body remembers that I'm actually thirsty and it turns the switch back on so I crave more water. Weird.

That reminds me...must go and fill my glass up again.

Pity it's too early to add whiskey. At least where I live...got to keep sober enough to pretend to work for the rest of the afternoon.
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have found that when I drink a lot of water after exercising I am still thirst, but feel heavy from the water. I found that I use something with electrolytes It quenches my thirst. It don't do sweetened drinks of an any kind for many reason and found a product called smart water. It quenches my thirst.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Keep drinking if you are thirsty. The eight - eight ounce glasses thing is not a limit, it is a minimum.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Nothing quenches thirst like cold water. I carry ice water everywhere I go. I must drink 10 or 12 16 ounce bottles of water a day, make extra for the ice, then there's the cup or 2 of coffee....sugar free lemonade...cold vinegar

Yummm gotta have my water...the colder the better though Im not opposed to even warm water in some circs
This discussion has been closed.