couch to 5k - how to enter

Options
Hey everyone. Today was my first day of the couch to 5k and I was just wondering how you all entered that into your exercise journals? Today I just added up my walk time and jog time and put them in separately. Any other ways to do this? Thanks!

Replies

• PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    That's how I've been doing mine! :)

Welcome to the C25Kers! I did W2D2 this morning, and I am LOVING it! I sure hope you do too! :)
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Been doing mine like that too, seemed the easiest way to get the most accurate estimate for it :smile: I did W3D3 today, its brilliant! did you enjoy your first day?
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    I don't know if you are doing it on a treadmill or on the road, but I do it on the road.

I map my run at mapmyrun.com I'll find out my total mileage. Then I go to caloriesperhour.com to enter my total mileage and time in order to determine my average speed. (This will also give you an estimate of calories burnt).

On MFP I log my info in as walking keeping in mind my speed. (Usually my average speed is between 4-5 mph). This gibes me my most accurate average, I feel, without having a HRM.
  • rmeenen
    rmeenen Posts: 23
    Options
    The first day went pretty well. I was always very active in sports in high school and I used to HATE running with a passion but I'm hoping now that I'm doing for myself that it will be better! I downloaded a podcast to run with and it actually helped quite a bit. I think I might have to do week 1 a few times but that's fine with me! Hopefully it will start to cool down here (been over 100 almost everyday) because I run outside so I got up super early this morning and beat the heat!!