any belly success stories?

Options
Anyone got before/after pics of a lost belly? How long did it take to finally see it shrink?

Replies

• alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce so the stomach goes down at the same rate as fat stored in other places so you will need to look at a general success story
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    <--- not a complete success yet, but I've been here for over a year.
    Losing fat, retaining muscle is the best approach (coupled with a moderate deficit) ..

I think this should be my tag line... hahah
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Agree with pp's. My stomach has gone down as have other body parts with eating at a deficit and exercise. A few pics are in my profile.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    On my profile u can see my progression from a really fat stomach to progressing towards my eventual goal of 6pack (85 pounds difference overall)
  • CandaceG514
    CandaceG514 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Agree with pp's. My stomach has gone down as have other body parts with eating at a deficit and exercise. A few pics are in my profile.

What type of exercise are you doing? You look great! Your stomach looks much better. I have lost a lot but my stomach is still for sure my worst spot after 3 kids.
  • Kellllog
    Kellllog Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    On my profile u can see my progression from a really fat stomach to progressing towards my eventual goal of 6pack (85 pounds difference overall)

Amazing difference!
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Try lifting, I just use basic dumbells, it's gotten me from flab to flat. All my life I had fat rolls, 41 inch stomach. I'm shocked to get to 26 inch. Started by running, now added dumb bells, I feel rock and bones in my stomach plus I'm eating more. Can't recommend it enough.

I had no motivation to lift, but the stories on here convinced me to try and I'm glad I did. Especially when you are trying to lose the last 10 pounds.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I went from a huge belly ( size 20 pants) to a much smaller belly ( size 6 now). However i still have a belly that i am working on. From what i hear it is the last to go. I dont care if i have a 6 pack but, it sure would be nice to look standing up like i do laying down lol.

I have noticed what i eat makes a huge difference in how it looks on a daily basis for sure.
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! You look great!!
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Don't have pictures but I went from a size 14 jean to a size 2 in less than a year (a little over 50lbs lost). My stomach used to hang over my jeans and now it's totally flat in the morning (before I eat, after I eat it puffs out a bit lol). I've also had three kids, so I'm very excited that it's ended up this way!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    this is me in 2010. I went on to gain 35 more pounds before I got my gym membership and started seriously trying to lose weight. I wore a size 16/18 pants and a 42DD bra
    8193374926_e25182cc2b.jpg
    0120100909 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

this is me the SAME top, in November 2012, after losing the 35lbs I gained...so basically the same weight as the picture above. Size 12/14 shorts and a 40D bra
    8211731868_5394684d1d.jpg
    IMG00856-20121123-0837 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

this is me in March and April of this year along with November of last year. The gray top is the SAME as the first 2 pictures, still the SAME weight. Size 12/14 shorts and a 38C bra.
    8696528886_a515f0a1fa.jpg
    L to R: 4/13, 3/13, 11/12 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

I would love to lose about 50lbs, but right now I am really loving weight training. I am sticking to gaining strength/building muscle and have faith that the weight loss will follow in good time.

ETA: pants and bra sizes
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!