Can I set a goal to lower my fat percentage?

Options
title says it all :)
I'm trying to keep my weight while increasing muscle mass and decreasing fat rates.
I would really like to track it somehow using this service.

Replies

• samammay
    Options
    title says it all :)
    I'm trying to keep my weight while increasing muscle mass and decreasing fat rates.
    I would really like to track it somehow using this service.

Use search and find posts on bulk and cut. Or google it. Sounds like that is what you are looking for.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    If you mean that you just want to keep track of your body fat measurements, you can do that in the "Check-In" section. You can select "Track Additional Measurements" and then put in whatever measurement you want to track, like BF%.

Just choose one method of measuring your body fat (personally I use calipers and the Jackson-Pollock 4 site calculation) and be consistent about always using that same method of measurement. That way you can see the trend in your results.

I also recommend you track the measurements of several parts of your body, like waist, hips, thigh, biceps, etc.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    You can set a variety of measurements to track.

Assuming your are on a PC....
    Home page / Check-in / Track Additional Measurements

^^^^ Beat me to the post!!
  • Hbarry7
    Hbarry7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Its hard to build muscle and lose fat at the same time. From what I've read it seems more likely to happen if you are a newbie to weight lifting.

My understanding is you have to have extra calories to build muscle, which defeats the calorie deficit you would need to lose fat. Generally people focus on cutting (while trying to preserve as much muscle while they cut) or they focus on bulking (careful with nutrition and to not eat too much extra to avoid gaining fat while building muscle). You might want to research bodybuilding websites for articles about body recomposition.