self esteem

Options
snagy1
snagy1 Posts: 79 Member
So I love hearing about peoples success stories on here. Its so motivating. Im trying to lose another 50 pounds by feb. I fell off last month but been doing good these past couple weeks. Im now back at the point where I cant wait to work out every day. I feel better. I know people say not to take diet pills but I take stacker 3s everyday. Not to suppress appitite but to give me energy for a great workout. Has anyone improved weight loss by taking these? Also I use to have one cheat day a week but I binged and it made my progress alot slower. I crave mexican food....chile cheese fries. Would fasting until dinner be ok once every 2 weeks but stay within calories?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Ok...so what in the world does this post have to do with self esteem, specifically?

To answer your question, no I have never had success with diet pills. I tried ONE diet pill in 2002 and it made me nauseous, hyper like a crackhead for 2 days, and gave me blisters on my eyeballs that required medical attention. So no.

Fasting is something I don't see the point in.

Why not eat the Mexican food and/or chili cheese fries along with healthy, low cal other foods and stay within calories? As long as you don't do this all of the time, should not be a big issue. If you're craving that stuff daily maybe take a look at your overall diet to see what you could be lacking.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Awesome work so far, you're doing great!

The cheating...
    You can still eat the foods you love, you just need to plan it out a little better. If you're going to eat a 1,000 calorie cheat meal, either do an extra 1,000 calories worth of exercise to make up for it, or eat much cleaner and less earlier that day so you don't go over your target calories. If you do that it's not cheating at all, because you've planned for it and made it fit.

The pills...
    Not sure where you're buying your Stacker 3 but if it's Amazon, then you are paying about $0.16 per pill for what basically amount to Caffeine Pills. "Jet Alert Double Strength" 200mg Caffeine Pills by comparison are only about $0.05 per pill, these are cheaper and cleaner. Even cheaper still you can buy the pure caffeine powder for $11.39 for 100grams (comes out to $0.02 per 200mg dose).

I had been using 5 Hour Energy Extra Strength for energy to work out, and really loved it, but it's $1.66 per dose if bought in bulk from Sams Club... $2 to $3 per dose elsewhere.

I tried Hydroxycut Max more for the energy too, but found it too much (270mg caffeine per pill), didn't like it, and it's overpriced.

I have a generic version of "Jet Alert Double Strength" purchased from my local grocery store, Krogers, probably paid a little more than Amazon. These are just ok. The way the pills are formed the caffeine in it doesn't hit as hard or fast as from a 5 Hour Energy Extra Strength shot or from a Hydroxycut Max gel cap pill... which to me is a negative, I prefer the fast initial burst of energy.

I am ordering the pure caffeine anydrous powder myself and will make my own drinks, shots, pills, etc, so I can get the exact amount I want with that fast initial burst of energy.

NOTE: If you go the powder route you NEED at least a 0.01mg accurate scale to use it safely. These are about $20 to $30 on amazon. Caffeine can put you in the hospital or even kill you if you do too much, so you need to measure your dose properly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!