My 2nd grade student swallows his spoon

Options
And the EMT's expect me to remove it.....Gotta love being a school nurse

Anyone else having a crazy Friday?

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My aunt was a school nurse for many years. I heard lots of stories.

She even had the kids of a guy who turned out to be a serial rapist/killer in Buffalo.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options

She even had the kids of a guy who turned out to be a serial rapist/killer in Buffalo.

Holy cow!!! I have a couple of NFL pro's kids, but not serial killer's kiddos. Poor babies
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options

wasn't me
  • leduque
    leduque Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow Cass, Let me know how that works out.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    My day started out being passed by a gentleman on a penny-farthing bicycle singing opera. I knew instantly it was going to be a good day.

Edit to ask: How does one safely remove a swallowed spoon from a child?
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    Not as crazy as all that. Enjoy the rest of your day
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Holy cow!!! I have a couple of NFL pro's kids, but not serial killer's kiddos. Poor babies
    She had some of those, too. :-) Bills players and some of the Sabres' kids.

They didn't know the guy was that guy when she had his kids in school. He'd been working the bike trail that went all through the city and suburbs for about 20 years before he finally got caught. It didn't even make national news!
  • CassandraBurgos83
    Options
    My day started out being passed by a gentleman on a penny-farthing bicycle singing opera. I knew instantly it was going to be a good day.

Edit to ask: How does one safely remove a swallowed spoon from a child?

Wish I knew... Lil stinker literally chewed and swallowed. All i know is they admitted him..... Crazy kiddos these days
  • CassandraBurgos83
    Options

She had some of those, too. :-) Bills players and some of the Sabres' kids.

They didn't know the guy was that guy when she had his kids in school. He'd been working the bike trail that went all through the city and suburbs for about 20 years before he finally got caught. It didn't even make national news!

That would flip me out.
    Had a couple of odd dads ask me out that gave me weird vibes..ooooh and a little KK who speaks to herself and holds her imaginary friends hand in the hall way.. (She gives me goose bumps)
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    All kinds of crazies in your area, Lived in the Peachtree City area for awhile while working up in the Vinings.

Be safe Cass!
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    What a dummie
  • WendyL525
    WendyL525 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's gonna hurt coming out....Jesus! The things they will do to get out of class. ;)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Prayers.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Wish I knew... Lil stinker literally chewed and swallowed. All i know is they admitted him..... Crazy kiddos these days

Like a plastic spoon? I wonder if he has that "pica" syndrome. Weird.

I do know that if your dog eats a glass Christmas ornament you're supposed to feed them cotton balls (soaked in something tasty so they'll eat it) and it binds and cushions the little pieces in their gut so they can poop or barf it safely.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    double post.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    Options
    double post.

Good to know for dogs, but they are worried about it tearing/slicing his intestines and stomach lining. No PICA from what mom said. From what I know he loves getting himself in trouble, but I think he went a bit far this time.