Fighting off sugar cravings..

Options
I'm an Ex-Starbucks addict and it's the season of pumpkin spiced latte's. :sad: I feel like my self-control is wearing thin, but I'm determined to keep my sugar intake to an extreme minimum. Any personal tips to fight off these intense sugar cravings?! :|

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Why exactly are your trying to keep your sugar intake to an extreme minimum?
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    here ya go

Made my own Pumpkin Spice coffee! So good, all natural and it doesn't coat $6 a pop! 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, two heaping spoonfuls of 100% pumpkin, sweetener of choice, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and any other spice you like. Pop in the blender or wisk on stove top. Add some heated mix to a strong cup of coffee. This made enough for about 6 cups for me unless you like it more pumpkin-y, so I stored in the fridge. This totally satisfied my need for a fall beverage treat.

You're welcome :)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Ah, you beat me to it!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

Sugar is evil. That is all.

:)

I cut it almost completely out.... I feel sooooo much better now. :) It's amazing!
  • californiabella
    Options

my glucose levels were high on my last blood test so my MD said to lay off the Starbucks unless I wanted to remain hyperglycemic.
  • californiabella
    Options
    here ya go

Made my own Pumpkin Spice coffee! So good, all natural and it doesn't coat $6 a pop! 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, two heaping spoonfuls of 100% pumpkin, sweetener of choice, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and any other spice you like. Pop in the blender or wisk on stove top. Add some heated mix to a strong cup of coffee. This made enough for about 6 cups for me unless you like it more pumpkin-y, so I stored in the fridge. This totally satisfied my need for a fall beverage treat.

You're welcome :)

Thank you! I can't wait to try that.. sounds delish. :)
  • californiabella
    Options

Sugar is evil. That is all.

:)

I cut it almost completely out.... I feel sooooo much better now. :) It's amazing!

I agree with sugar being evil...lol.

Don't get me wrong, I love it! But if I can go without it, I'd much rather because of how much better I feel physically without consuming it ALL the time. I say physically better because mentally I'm just aching to have it.. haha.