Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

treat meals? Do you ever regret them?

I regret the one I just had. What a waste! A foot long roast beef from Subway. It wasn't even good. I was really going for the bread. I love bread. But I wish I hadn't eaten it. And it was 820 calories! I could have had fajitas or something.

What have you had lately that you wish you hadn't?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    No, but I've only had 3 really, and I barely went over my daily calories only one time.. and they kept me full. I'm pretty picky though, if I'm going to splurge on something, it's gotta be good, lol.
  • Exactly! It should be worth the splurge :/
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Yes :sad: I always end up eating WAY too much on "cheat meals" so I try to stay away from those altogether. The most recent was baked goods:love: My husband bought some different varieties of brownies and cookies from a bake sale, I said I'd only take a bite of each to taste them.. Yeah, that didn't happen. I ended up binging and eating all of it! :noway: So, I now know that sweets (mostly chocolate) is my evil weakness. haha. But it's okay, just pick up from where we left off, eating healthy again! :smile:
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Only the KFC I had that I felt extremely Ill after!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,855 Member
    I don't do cheat meals, but do have the occasional high calorie splurge (KFC, Chinese takeaway). It's got to be worth it though, for the enjoyment. I really hate having a high calorie meal that I didn't really enjoy because I was trapped in an airport or something.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Yes but that is because they are loaded with dairy and I pay dearly for it every time!
  • RachaelRenk
    RachaelRenk Posts: 116 Member
    Two days ago I bought enough Taco Bell to feed two or three people (two doritos tacos, bell grande nachos, cheesy fiesta potatoes). I was starving. The guy at the drive through put three sporks in my bag. I only needed one spork.

Been regretting that ever since...
  • Yes :sad: I always end up eating WAY too much on "cheat meals" so I try to stay away from those altogether. The most recent was baked goods:love: My husband bought some different varieties of brownies and cookies from a bake sale, I said I'd only take a bite of each to taste them.. Yeah, that didn't happen. I ended up binging and eating all of it! :noway: So, I now know that sweets (mostly chocolate) is my evil weakness. haha. But it's okay, just pick up from where we left off, eating healthy again! :smile:

This all sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!
  • Two days ago I bought enough Taco Bell to feed two or three people (two doritos tacos, bell grande nachos, cheesy fiesta potatoes). I was starving. The guy at the drive through put three sporks in my bag. I only needed one spork.

Been regretting that ever since...

Hahaha on the sporks!!!!!!!! Too funny.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    I only regret it, when I don't enjoy it...

Healthy or not, why waste calories on food you don't enjoy.
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Ichiban yesterday, eccchhh! What a waste of calories :(
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Anytime I eat something NOT healthy I regret it (even if it's 5 hershey kisses)...after it's down my throat I'm thinking what's the point of eating it??? Last year on my birthday I allowed myself to have a big ole piece of cake and ice cream, an hour later it was coming back up, I assume because my body was like "what is this crap you just put in me!?!?" and I was so sick so now I really try not to eat bad food as it makes me sick.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    I only regret it if the meal wasnt what I expected. Although I regret 'healthy' meals too if it tasted bad or was bad quality.
  • serenalesley
    serenalesley Posts: 58 Member
    I totally don't regret the KFC that I just ate because 1. It was delicious and filling, and 2. I have almost DOUBLED my BMR so far today through running 10k the walking into town and back, a couple of miles each way. Then there was supermarket shopping followed by takeout. Nyom.

BTW, a reminder: Don't food shop when you're hungry. Oops. ;)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    I only regret it if the meal wasnt what I expected. Although I regret 'healthy' meals too if it tasted bad or was bad quality.

This.
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    I had Subway yesterday too and it was not good at all. It wasn't a treat meal though as I still eat everything.
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    I never regret treat foods, just badly made food! :-)
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Yes a chicken torta. Oh so good. But should od only eaten half.
  • I only regret it if the meal wasnt what I expected. Although I regret 'healthy' meals too if it tasted bad or was bad quality.

So true...
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    For a cheat meal or treat, if I take one bite and don't think "OMG this is SOOOO worth it", I don't eat it. That's the only time I regret eating anything, when it wasn't worth the calories. Life's short, don't eat food you don't like.