Can someone give me a website to find my body type?

Options
I came across one and gave it my measurements and it said "Sorry your body type is not one of the shapes we calculate" ): I'm kind of offended lol. B-W-H are 44-34-46

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    What is the importance of having a body type? The only reason (I would guess) that it would matter is when you are looking for clothes to flatter your shape, but even then, it's just a try and see kind of situation.

I know there are fad body type diets out there, but if you just eat right and exercise, you'll lose!

I'd say that you'd have an hourglass figure, based on your measurements, I guess?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You're a pear, but VERY close to hourglass. I think I know the website of which you speak. I'm an extreme hourglass (bust and hips equal, waist 12 inches smaller) and it says it can't give me mine, either.
  • rml_16
    Options
    What is the importance of having a body type?
    Some people like to know.
  • Eli_Xx
    Eli_Xx Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys (: I want to try and start getting dressed everyday lol, I've lived in yoga pants since my daughter was born (18months ago) and I thought I could try and find clothes based on my shape (:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You're a pear. A bunch of people are going to tell you hourglass (But then, they tell everyone hourglass. I think people just like that word) but the difference between your bust and hips is just a touch too much to be so.
  • rml_16
    Options
    You're a pear. A bunch of people are going to tell you hourglass (But then, they tell everyone hourglass. I think people just like that word) but the difference between your bust and hips is just a touch too much to be so.
    Agreed. But I think she's close enough (an inch) that it won't hurt to look at hourglass-flattering clothing. Of course, it also depends on whether her shoulders are broad or narrow. Most pears have narrower shoulders and that makes a difference.
  • Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You're an inch away from being an hourglass. You're a slight pear.
    You can use this site, they're all essentially the same.

http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,047 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys (: I want to try and start getting dressed everyday lol, I've lived in yoga pants since my daughter was born (18months ago) and I thought I could try and find clothes based on my shape (:

wait...do they have stores or departments in stores for particular body shapes??

I've always instinctively known what I can and can't wear and have it look flattering, but I still have to try on everything and I'm often disappointed and just as often pleasantly surprised by stuff that I would have guessed would look a certain way based on the clothing on a hanger. *shrug*
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    You can check out different types and gauge how you compare to them at MyBodyGallery.com (also good when shopping for a goal weight!) ...
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    www.google.com
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    You're close enough to a true hourglass that clothes made for pear-shaped women might look odd on you. Just search for hourglass clothes.
  • shannonshay1
    shannonshay1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Here is a site that I like. Lots of great information.

http://www.brainyweightloss.com/three-body-types.html#axzz1hIh5J25n

Shannon
  • Lemongrab1
    Options
    Personally, despite appreciating the whole body type thing (men just don't understand :laugh:) I find the endo-meso-ectomorph more useful in terms of working out.
    The ruler/hourglass/pear/apple scale is mostly just useful for clothing and ego.
  • rml_16
    Options

wait...do they have stores or departments in stores for particular body shapes??

I've always instinctively known what I can and can't wear and have it look flattering, but I still have to try on everything and I'm often disappointed and just as often pleasantly surprised by stuff that I would have guessed would look a certain way based on the clothing on a hanger. *shrug*
    No. But there are websites that can advise what to look for.

I'm good now at knowing what to try on, but when I was younger, it was more difficult.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    You're an inch away from being an hourglass. You're a slight pear.
    You can use this site, they're all essentially the same.

http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html

I'm a banana... wow. :laugh: I thought apple because my stomach is the biggest thing on me... I look pregnant!!!!
  • Achrya
    Options
    You can check out different types and gauge how you compare to them at MyBodyGallery.com (also good when shopping for a goal weight!) ...

No one on that site labels themselves correctly. It's a bunch of pear/ruler shaped women who've decided they're actually hourglass (There's that word again) and are running with it.

Also none of those people ever look like me at the weight/height I'm at. Meh.
  • Lemongrab1
    Options

No one on that site labels themselves correctly. It's a bunch of pear/ruler shaped women who've decided they're actually hourglass (There's that word again) and are running with it.

Obviously you missed the memo. You only need to be a female to qualify as an hourglass.
  • Achrya
    Options

Obviously you missed the memo. You only need to be a female to qualify as an hourglass.

Well crap, I'm doing it wrong.

No more pear shaped acceptance, I'm gonna start telling people I'm an hourglass.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

I don't think 2" is enough to differentiate between a hourglass and a pear for someone who still has a substantial amount of weight to lose. We don't know where she's already lost fat and where she's genetically programmed to hang on to it the longest. It's fairly common for people to lose from the top down. I did, and qualified as a pear for a while before reaching goal as a slightly top heavy ruler by the time the belly flab was gone.
  • rml_16
    Options

I don't think 2" is enough to differentiate between a hourglass and a pear for someone who still has a substantial amount of weight to lose. We don't know where she's already lost fat and where she's genetically programmed to hang on to it the longest. It's fairly common for people to lose from the top down. I did, and qualified as a pear for a while before reaching goal as a slightly top heavy ruler by the time the belly flab was gone.
    She's looking for clothing ideas. I assume she wants to dress in the body she currently has, which is a pear.

And hourglasses tend to keep their proportions regardless of weight. It's a trait of that particular body type.