300 Calorie Filling Pancake and Cheesy Egg Breakfast!

Options
I had the most amazing and filling breakfast today, and I had to share! I made greek yogurt pancakes: http://www.everydaybelle.com/2011/06/greek-yogurt-pancakes/

I halved the recipe which was 178 calories using 0% plain greek yogurt and egg whites. And then I made a half cup of egg whites with a chopped up wedge of Garlic & Herb Laughing Cow cheese. I also had two tablespoons of sugar-free syrup on top of the pancakes. Probably not the healthiest thing, but I rarely have pancakes, so I might as well have syrup!

It was 294 calories with 30 grams of protein. I was full for HOURS!! When I eat breakfast at 9:30, I am usually ready for a substantial snack by noon. But I ate at 8:00 this morning and could have gone without food until at least 1:00. I did have a snack around noon because I felt like I needed to eat based on my routine, but I was still pretty comfortable and only very slightly hungry. I've been struggling with finding a long-lasting and filling breakfast so that I don't have to use all my calories snack in the morning, so I'm thrilled with this!

Replies

• Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link!
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    thanks! can't wait to try it!
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to try them.
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    Options
    I can' thank you enough for this pancake recipe!!!!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Bump. :love:
  • CitronAtomique
    CitronAtomique Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious!!

Thanks!
  • julianadelbosque
    Options
    I would also recommend trying flavored yogurts...higher in calories but amazing! I made pancakes with apple pie Greek yogurt this morning (dannon oikos) and OH MY GOD it was incredible!
  • youngmommy2
    youngmommy2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I make pancakes with

6oz greek yogurt (vanilla typically)
    1tsp baking powder
    1 egg
    1/4 cup flour
    1/4 cup of protein powder
    1/4 cup of milk.

Delicious and it makes a huge serving (typically 12 4" pancakes). I found the recipe here somewhere. Without syrup it's like 450-520 calories depending on what yogurt/flour you use, and 42g of protein. Extra tasty with chocolate protein powder and chocolate chips too. I've done it with vanilla yogurt or the vanilla/chocolate chip kind. It can be dry though... but you can add fruit or chocolate chips to make it more moist... I just use syrup, lol.

Keeps me full for like 5 hours. I found the recipe here, tried to bump it but the thread was locked.