Japanese Hibachi--What to eat?

Options
Going to eat tonight any ideas for something healthy? I do like sushi but it normally doesn't keep me feeling full long.

Thanks!

Replies

• OlyTriNoob
    Options
    Any of the teppanyaki items are going to be high calories...no way around that. Your best bet is going to be getting a mix of some type of maki sushi and sashimi. Mix in some gyoza and edamame as starters and some yakitori if they have it.

If you're dead set on a tappanyaki dish, go for the chicken, salmon or snapper and just enjoy.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Meat and vegetable, can't go wrong.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I figure that hibachi isn't something I go to very often, so if I do I'll eat whatever looks the most delicious. It's fine and good to do that every now and then.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I figure that hibachi isn't something I go to very often, so if I do I'll eat whatever looks the most delicious. It's fine and good to do that every now and then.

this
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

Yep, this. And my hibachi meal isn't complete without a pint of Japanese beer and/or some sake. :drinker:
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    They put a big glob of butter/lard on the grill first. If you could get them to cut that down, meat veggies and a sushi roll would be good.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Yep, this. And my hibachi meal isn't complete without a pint of Japanese beer and/or some sake. :drinker:

^ This