Looking for fellow Western New Yorkers!

Options
I've been using MFP for exactly one month today and I've only lost 3 pounds :(. I'm very frustrated as I have really changed my diet and am working out at least 5 days a week.

What's hurting me is not counting my calories on the weekend. We spend most weekends camping (where I have no internet access) and it's really hard to eat healthy. While I try my best, it's obviously not good enough because I'm not dropping those first 20 like I thought I would. Isn't the weight suppose to come off easier in the beginning??

Anyway I would love some local support! I need some friends that will keep me on track, push me to do my best, and that I can support in return. Any and all new friends welcome!

Replies

• sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm in NYC. Have you thought about logging our foods in advance and taking print outs with you? Works pretty well for me on the weekends. Also, why can't you eat healthy while camping? Try bringing chicken and veggie skewers, fruit skewers, and you can make fish on a grill or whatever you are using. I would actually think that most camp site foods are rather healthy unless you are bringing munchy food along too.
  • lkisden
    lkisden Posts: 3
    Options
    Weekends are not weekdays! With that said I allow myself a higher calorie goal for Friday - Sunday. Realistic planning is important and I know I can stick to it. Monday through thursday is strict! No slacking.

When you camp, plan, plan, plan, what will you eat? how much ? Do your diary in advance with the higher calories and than execute. I have had great results following this strategy.
  • Versha19
    Versha19 Posts: 20
    Options
    Im from the Syracuse area and I am the worst at losing weight even when I did eat right and exercise I felt like nothing happened but I also get very impatient and anxious I think I definitely have exercise and food ADD.....I love food and adventure and I know how when you are out camping and such it can completely sidetrack you with smores, hot dogs, hamburgers and who knows what else, but maybe instead of taking the foods away you love maybe you should just eat less, instead of whole hot dog just have half or while camping swim, hike, or even assembling a tent is tough work sometimes. Good Luck friend me if you need support!!! :)