Left over calories?

Options
My goal is 1200 cal/day, and I have 242 extra because I went for a run today. I'm not really hungry, I didn't even finish my dinner, but I still have 400 calories left for the day, but no protein or sodium.

Help?

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you have. At least 200 calories. Something is definitely wrong if you don't feel hungry when you have hardly eaten anything.
  • anlu37
    anlu37 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I focus more on my weekly average. This way, if I want to go out to dinner on Friday night, I have some left over calories. I am not so strict with my individual days. You might crave chocolate tomorrow. If you are not hungry, don't eat. Save it for another day. One low calorie day is not going to hurt.
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    so are you saying you only ate less than 1000 cals or are you subtracting your activity?

If you ate less than a 1000 but are not hungry then good for you! you'll lose weight faster. the best diet is one you can stick to without constatnly worring or starving but also...

I would double check to make sure you are counting your calories properly.

Also... if you're not losing 1-to-2+ pounds weekly on less than 1000 cals then you definitely need to make sure you are tracking properly
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Drink some orange juice.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    eat a chocolate bar..carbs and calories.
  • AdrianBry
    Options
    I know your MFP thing says to eat X amount to lose weight but don't focus on eating that amount. FOCUS on tracking what you eat and drink and only be concerning about going OVER X amount.

as long as you stay under or right at X amount you'll lose.

So don't force yourself to eat exactly X amount each day.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    It sounds like she has eaten about 800 calories. Not enough. Couldn't possibly be hitting the recommended levels of vitamins and minerals, fiber or protein to sustain health.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    It's okay to go over your protein ... and sodium, if you don't have hypertension, is really nothing to worry about ...

ETA: I look at calories as a weekly "rollover" type thing. Some days you are just hungrier than others or you may have a special occasion you want to set some aside for ...
  • staticstasis
    Options
    I've eaten 1,042. Should I be at least eating 1200 regardless of how much I exercise in a day?
  • AdrianBry
    Options
    not exactly. if you've eaten 1042 and aren't starving then you're ok.
  • georgiamae1991
    Options
    see this is what im struggling with, my MFP tells em to eat 1200 a day, obciously after i have taken my exercise off i get some leftover calories, but i get as close as i can, yet all the post si have writeen and seen seem to be people saying ignore mfp calories you need to eat way more to lose weight or your body goes to starvation mode,. so confused!!