Best. Dessert. EVER!

Options
I have been trying to be creative with desserts the past little bit, and REALLY been trying to find something to kill my ice cream cravings. Since I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian, its been tough. I know there are soy and rice subsitutions out there, but the sugars in those things are nuts! So my cousin and I got together over the weekend and tore apart her kitchen trying to figure something out. This is what we came up with and MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :)

Freeze a medium size banana. Once its frozen solid, chuck it in a magic bullet or blender. Blend till its chopped up, then add a small scoop of reduced fat Cool Whip. Blend again. Pour into a dish, add a couple sliced straberries, and some melted chocolate chips, and MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :) My cousin tried melting some peanut butter and using that on it too and it was so yummy as well....but since my bf is allergic to nuts, I will stick with the strawberries and chocolate at home :) It felt so indulgent to eat, and it was only approx 170 calories :)

Replies

• KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    MMMMM Thanks I will try this very soon sounds like a great PMS weapon!!!!:laugh:
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Yummy, thanks for the recipe I am going to try this one!t
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmm so making it.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    That's sounds delicious!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    That sounds great!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I love to use frozen bananas in place of ice cream!

When I blend my banana (short spurts just to break it up and not blend it down too much).... I add some ice cubes to give it more of an ice cream consistancy, a tbl or so of fat free milk and some vanilla protein powder! (this makes the treat more of a complete meal with carbs and protein) I don't blend cool whip in mine. But, on occassion, I'll squirt a little whipped cream (from the can) add some sugar free chocolate syrup and chopped almonds. Now you have an ice cream sundae! (and the almonds add good healthy fat!)