making equate shakes more filling

Options
Those equate or slimfast french vanilla meal replacement shakes are so delicious but not filling at all. Any suggestions on what to add to make them more satiating? Whey protein maybe?

BTW, I'm new here and need to post a pic of myself so everyone won't think I'm Frosty the Snowman!

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Adding more protein would help a lot, yes, and they'd probably still taste really good. I grab one sometimes before a workout and they help me compared to nothing, but they are pretty high in sugar. And no fiber.

Can you eat fruit with them the way you use them? Broccoli's even better, but I can grab an apple and run, lol.
  • Featherweighttt
    Featherweighttt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Meal replacement shakes usually have more than enough protein, if you want to feel full for longer I would try adding a tablespoon of Psyllium husk (16 Cal) which is 16% of the RDI for fibre :smile:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How about adding a protein bar or some eggs on the side. For me real food is always better than shakes.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    thanks you all!
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Whey and soy proteins are both quickly processed by the body. Try a casein protein shake to keep feeling full for hours. EAS 15 LEAN is one brand.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    thanks. Are they good and where can I get those?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It depends why you're drinking the shake. Best choice would be to eat some real food.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The only shake I've tried that was actually filling enough to be a meal replacement was shakeology, and a lot of people don't like them because they're so expensive. I just use the others as snacks really.