Help needed

Options
Ever since I came back from my holiday one month ago, I can't seem to be able to prevent myself from eating all the time.. The funny part is, when I was on holiday, I was able to maintain my weight, was eating healthy food, and exercising whenever I was able to.. Since I've got back, I am always hungry (and eating all the time), and I've been feeling very tired.. If this continues, pretty soon I will gain all the weight lost.. Please please please, I need some advice.. anyone.. how can I get back on track, and not to constantly eating.. thank you in advance..

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Have you tried planning your meals in advance and prelogging everything, leaving room for treats?
  • Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Have you tried planning your meals in advance and prelogging everything, leaving room for treats?

I think you are tired. Physically from travel. Emotionally from the discipline of eating well and logging daily on vacation. Being tired makes it hard to maintain resolve! And not staying on plan makes us stress. Stress makes us eat.

My suggestion is to calm down, drink lots of water to cleanse your system and make a set of menus and a grocery list.

Keep dishes simple and use healthy prepared foods for fast prep, e.g., a roasted chicken and salad greens w/homemade vinaigrette. Or roasted fish filet and roasted vegetables. Not a lot of prep. Boil some eggs for quick protein. Keep fruit on hand to stave off hunger.

You can't just wait for your resolve to come back. You have to push through this and take charge. And you can!
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You may be dehydrated if you flew a lot. Make sure you drink enough water. Flew 4 hours one day earlier this week, took all the next day to re hydrate.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    maybe take a pregnancy test?
  • AniAnisha
    Options
    Thank you all for the response.. A quick response to some of you:

Whierd: Yep, I have tried that,, and it did not work..

Sassyallday: You’re right, I can’t wait for things to get better, because it won’t unless I do something about it. Thank you, I really appreciate it.. I’m gonna give the quick meal a try..

And I’m definitely not pregnant.. lol
  • trevebyn
    trevebyn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Its worth trying lots of water and good nights sleep. I cannot control my food intake if I am tired or dehydrated.
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ani,

You should have added that you were on vacation visiting your home country and family for AN ENTIRE MONTH!! The fact that you stayed on track is AMAZING! You were able to exercise and eat right while you were around your unsupportive family. That is HUGE. If you did it under those circumstances, you can do it now!

Also, you should have mentioned that you're vegetarian! I think that plays a role.

And I laughed so hard when I read "take a pregnancy test". Bahahaha! Not my Ani!
  • AniAnisha
    Options
    thank you Sam.. Yeah,, I'll have to do it now too.. and ya.. lol.. I laughed when I read that as well.. :P
    on a serious note, we gonna do it.. get rid of those unwanted weight, and be in shape.. :)
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you think you are hungry you are in fact dehydrated. Are you getting all your water in? Your body is trying to recover its fat storage so I would suggest you plan to eat at least every three hours. Arm yourself with healthy choices for snacks, eat a can of green beans or have apples for fiber or buy pretzels for salty snacks or look up new recipes and see how you can replace things in the recipe for fiber and protein filled items like black beans, greek yogurt, etc. It could be the pms hungries.. I get them too. Don't deprive yourself, your body is telling you that you are hungry. Its good to keep fueling your metabolism by eating throughout the day. We didn't gain weight by eating, we gained it by eating too much and making unhealthy choices. This is normal, just foucus and don't forget to keep a food journal along with going on mfp.