How to lose weight from your stomach??

Options
How do I lose weight from my stomach??? I've never been able to have a waist smaller than 35 inches since i was like 11. Right now I have a 41 inch waist :/ I would love to get to around 33 inches.
Help??

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Prolonged period of calorie deficit and cardio training. Unfortunately you can't spot reduce fat around your stomach. You just have to lower your overall bodyfat % by eating less and doing cardio. Adding in some weight training is a good idea as well to add some muscle which will help burn more calories while you're just sitting around.
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Great abs are built in the kitchen. Eat lean and clean.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    If you don't do any ab work, you'll be amazed by how working those moves does tighten you. It's not spot loss but if those muscles aren't tight now you'll be able to tell a difference. Not the amount you want to change at all, but it's a good, motivating start!
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce just your stomach, but you may want to try doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred workout video. I've had awesome results losing inches on it and another member just posted her results in 3 weeks. Below is the link to her post. The workout is cheap, short (25 minutes from start to finish) and requires very little equipment. It is very effective at shrinking all areas of your body, including your waist.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1106943-21-days-0-lbs-lost-but-eighteen-inches-gone
  • alehundrah
    alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew. I've been struggling with my stomach area. Ive lost inches from my legs and thighs but very little from my stomach area.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    It'll be the last place it comes off, unfortunately. There are evolutionary reasons why fat deposits accumulate first in the mid-section and come off last.

The only way is a prolonged period of calorie deficit.

That means consistent logging and for some, regular exercise (if they have a hard time reducing their calories too much).

Sit ups won't give you a six-pack.