October NO TREAT Challenge!

Options
Hi Guys,
I just wanted to put another thread out here promoting a new challenge group for October!

During the month of October, the members of our group will choose one treat, or if they are feeling ambitious multiple (or all!) treats that they have developed a habit of eating too frequently! With Halloween and other holidays coming up, this is the perfect time to practice saying no to your greatest temptations.

Choose just one treat, soda for example, and use this month as a time to work on practicing your self discipline skills for 31 days! By the time Thanksgiving and Christmas roll around, you'll be a pro (or at least a little better than you were last year) at saying "No thanks!" to those tempting sweets that always seem to set us back!

This will be a very active group with weekly check-ins and multiple group topics per week!
Everyone in the group realizes how difficult quitting "treats" can be and we are all here to support each other during one month "TREAT FREE!"
Please join our group if you're up for a personal challenge! There is absolutely no shaming for any slip-ups, only encouragement and support! We can do it! It's just ONE MONTH! Don't you want to prove it to yourself that you CAN quit eating those crisps, cakes, donuts, pastries, ice creams, frappucinos, sodas, candies, etc. for just 31 days?

This is an open group until October starts, so join now and post the treat(s) you plan on giving up!
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16762--no-treats-october-challenge

JUST-SAY-NO-TO-CANDY.png

Replies

• alehundrah
    alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've been giving in to tempting foods way too much lately so I'm in. This is a good idea
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I would but my birthday is this month and I will be damned if I don't eat chocolate. Possibly every day.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    No. Because Halloween and Life.
  • TreetYoSelf
    Options
    I've been giving in to tempting foods way too much lately so I'm in. This is a good idea

awesome! glad you're part of the group!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Can't do it. I'm getting married on Halloween, so that's going to be a "Free-for-all" kind of day eating wise. Gotta celebrate All Hallow's Eve and the day of matrimony after all!
  • Hellie24
    Hellie24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My big problem is evening snacks - after my main meal I don't really need them just a bad habit.
    I will have to find a good alternative but if members are checking my ability to say NO then that can only be good - So I'm in....Starts Tuesday
    OH & I'm off to Tenerife on 2nd November so in the words of the great supermarket- Every little Helps!!!