I met myself -I think sh's really cool

Options
I met this girl and I think she's pretty cool, seems to be free spirited, takes things in stride
Realizes that she was traveling down a road that was going to take her in a wrong direction that is not best, so she finds deep inside her a voice, small within, it quietly making it self known saying , hey I don't like the way things are and your going to make some changes, Well that scared her , because change is scary, but not all at once , but little by little there were some changes and I guess each time she followed thru the next challenge came just a bit easier. So here we are. I have gotten see this girl as very brave, she says to her family , I was one way and now I am going to start doing things this way. At first people try to say it's all too much , however she know something is going to give and it won't be her. she has resolve , nothing will change her, this has given her strength, it has fueled her and she feels empowered by it. You can call her Lourdes That's' my name :0 .
I am in a good place, I have grown as a woman that is not afraid of not pleasing people, I just think you have to look out for yourself , and I have done that , don't get me wrong I love making others happy , just not at my expense. I will look out for me , there is no more going along with the program for the sake of others. and there isn't anything wrong with that. There is a primal survival instinct I should have naturally , where has it been? well what's important it's here now, I will continue in this path because it's right for me, the other my family will learn to love the changes, because they won't be given a choice , that's cool because I know they will be on board because I wont allow anything else.

Replies

• super_jade
    Options
    Hey Lourdes! I think you are pretty cool too. It takes a lot for a person to 'met themslves' and to say yeah that is who I am and I think I rock! It's something a lot of us here need to learn. I think it plays a key role in weight loss, happiness and just life in general.
  • LouLoulost
    LouLoulost Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hey Lourdes! I think you are pretty cool too. It takes a lot for a person to 'met themslves' and to say yeah that is who I am and I think I rock! It's something a lot of us here need to learn. I think it plays a key role in weight loss, happiness and just life in general.
    Thanks super_Jade, I appreciate the good energy :)
  • sshelton89
    Options
    Excellent post for motivation!! Congratulations. I saw your post and it reminded me of a quote I saw the other day:" I will beat her. I will train harder. I will eat cleaner. I know her weaknesses. I know her strengths. I've lost to her before. But not this time. She is going down. I have the advantage, because I know her. She is the Old Me."
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    Great post
    and to the about poster I love the quote thanks for sharing
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Nice post Op!:flowerforyou:

P.S - Anyone else read that as I wet myself :D
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on meting yourself.

With weight loss comes so many unexpected good things. Who would have thought that I would feel more stronger, confident, happier. Someone who loves to run, exercise and shop and do things that once I was too scared to do. I also glad I've met this side of me.

Thanks for posting????????
  • LouLoulost
    LouLoulost Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Excellent post for motivation!! Congratulations. I saw your post and it reminded me of a quote I saw the other day:" I will beat her. I will train harder. I will eat cleaner. I know her weaknesses. I know her strengths. I've lost to her before. But not this time. She is going down. I have the advantage, because I know her. She is the Old Me."
    <3,thx!