changing goals

Options
jUST WONERING HOW AND IF YOUR GOALS CHANGE AS YOU PROGRESS ON YOUR JOURNEY, GET OLDER, LIFE CHANGES, ETC.

I had a certain number i wanted to attain at the start, but as I have gotten older and encountered some challenges i now realize i just want to be healthy to live a better life and stayt around longer, lol What about yA'LL?

Replies

• chezzamanezza
    Options
    My weight loss goals will change constantly as I only set myself little goals to begin with. I am still new at this but I know ideally where I would like to be (140lb) but when it comes to it that weight may be too slim for me or I may need to lose more. The most important thing g for me right now is that I like myself and have confidence. When I have a family my priority will be being a healthy happy mother for my kids.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Mine have gone from a number on the scale and a size to fit to overall fitness and energy level... that being said, I will add that my goal weight range now is lower than it has been my entire adult life...

So, yes, since I started this journey on 12/24/11.. my weight goal range changed from 139 to 149 down to 126 to 136.

My goals are now endurance, strength, and energy level based. I added the goal of sleeping more than six hours straight to a range of 7 to 9 hours daily (not easy for me.)
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    The goals that I strived for over the past 11 months:

-to have a normal fasting glucose number-done.
    -to have a healthy bmi-done.
    -to reach a goal weight of 135lbs-done (currently 15lbs below my original goal weight).
    -to wear a size 6 jeans, down from a size 14-done (currently wearing a size 2 now).
    -to start walking-done (I'm now briskly walk 12 miles a week and run 4 miles)
    -to start some sort of strength training program-in progress, looking into home options and I'm searching CL and garage sales for equipment right now
    -to participate in a 5K-doing this next weekend: going to walk half of it with my kids and then run the last half :)

Next years goals:
    -train for running a full 5k
    -continue with the strength training
    -start biking
    -????