Options
2»

Replies

• meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks; I try exercising less
    I use a HRM
    Are you measuring and logging all your food?? I went back just a week and seen several days that said you had anywhere from 1500 to over 2000 calories remaining??? Why is this??

Yes I log everything but I dont eat exercise calories back!

How are you figuring your calorie burns?? by the machine, a calculator, heart rate monitor.... You need to fuel your body for the workouts you are asking of it to do... To large of a caloric deficit can be counterproductive in my opinion...

Then if it was me I would try to clean up the large deficits by either cutting back on your exercise or you need to eat more... even at 100 lbs. to lose setting a goal of 2 lbs. a week loss is a good goal. It is where I set my goals from day 1 and that never changed... Weight loss can be done without exercise that is the first thing you need to remember. The exercise is more for fitness and because of that is the reason you want to fuel your workouts.... That would be where I would start.... Best of Luck.....
  • aNewMiniMe
    aNewMiniMe Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    First of all congratulations on losing 51 pounds so far. That is an incredible accomplishment. I'm going to add one thing that hasn't been mentioned. Find a piece of clothing that you wore at your heaviest and hand in where you can see it every day. Do you really want to wear that again? Then when you go down a size from where you are today hand another. Do you want to go back? Also you can purchase something one size smaller than you are currently and hang it as inspiration. What a wonderful day when you can post a NSV or wearing that!

I do agree with standing in front of a mirror and taking a good look at yourself though. That is my reality check. Also, take pictures!! I had my husband take mine in yoga pants and a sports bra then I cried when I saw them. I put them on the refrigerator, the bathroom mirror and on my elliptical. This is an everyday reminder of why I workout. You are not going to want to have those pictures taken today but think about the motivation had you taken them 51 pounds ago. Take them now and again every 25 pounds. This alone will help you see the progress. My recommendation is taking the pictures in the same type of outfit (or bra and panties) so that you are not comparing the outfit but the reality of you. You don't have to have someone else take them you can stand in front of that mirror and take them of yourself.

I hope that one or all of these posts above have given you a bit of motivation.

Good luck and God Bless You on this life long journey.
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your tips; I have an outfit that is 2 sizes smaller than is hanging up on my wall with quotes and my goal on it and I am determiend to reach it...thanks again eveyone for your help it was all wonderful\1
    First of all congratulations on losing 51 pounds so far. That is an incredible accomplishment. I'm going to add one thing that hasn't been mentioned. Find a piece of clothing that you wore at your heaviest and hand in where you can see it every day. Do you really want to wear that again? Then when you go down a size from where you are today hand another. Do you want to go back? Also you can purchase something one size smaller than you are currently and hang it as inspiration. What a wonderful day when you can post a NSV or wearing that!

I do agree with standing in front of a mirror and taking a good look at yourself though. That is my reality check. Also, take pictures!! I had my husband take mine in yoga pants and a sports bra then I cried when I saw them. I put them on the refrigerator, the bathroom mirror and on my elliptical. This is an everyday reminder of why I workout. You are not going to want to have those pictures taken today but think about the motivation had you taken them 51 pounds ago. Take them now and again every 25 pounds. This alone will help you see the progress. My recommendation is taking the pictures in the same type of outfit (or bra and panties) so that you are not comparing the outfit but the reality of you. You don't have to have someone else take them you can stand in front of that mirror and take them of yourself.

I hope that one or all of these posts above have given you a bit of motivation.

Good luck and God Bless You on this life long journey.