Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi, I'm Mike

Hey everyone! I am new to the message boards, but not new to exercising. I am from the states, but live and work in Central Europe. I joined because there were some interesting topics with like minded people I wanted to discuss. I don't want to lose a ton of weight because I am into weight training. My main goal is to cut a little excess body fat (about 10-12 lbs) and build muscle.

The building muscle part was always easy for me. I needed a new challenge so I am doing intermittent fasting and weight training 3 times a week + 1 time a week Silat training + running.

Replies

• Welcome to MFP, Mike. Hope you find lots of friends here. I'm new too, and so far I really like the calorie counter and food diary. It's really helping me. I also like the friends I've made. Feel free to add me if you wish :smile:
  • ninpo_guy
    ninpo_guy Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2015
    That low stance work in Silat will help you lose fat quick. Remember, if your butt is not almost dragging on the ground, you are probably not low enough, unless you are doing a style more suited for the Dutch-Indionesians. Have fun training!