Michiganders, support please!

Options
Hello all!

I'm not "new" to MFP: I joined a while back and worked hard and lost weight. Then, I became very sick, and "fell off the wagon," so to speak, as I dealt with my health issues. Then, I graduated from college and moved back to my parents' as I looked for a job. I now work in Flint, commuting from the Brighton area. Moving back to my parents' caused me to put on weight, being that they eat terribly and being jobless meant that I ate whatever they did.

I'm looking to get back on track now that my finances are starting to stabilize and I'm settling into my professional life. I could use some accountability, specifically from fellow Michiganders (or really, anyone)! Please, feel free to add me or leave a comment :)

About me:

When I was little, I got very sick. Consequently, I put on a ton of weight. I'm 23 now, and have never known what it's like to not be overweight. I weigh 253lbs as of this morning- my highest weight ever- and I am aiming to drop down to 175lbs at least. My parents are both overweight, and diabetes runs in the family. There are all sorts of stumbling blocks, as they don't take weightloss seriously and are always cookies and other junk food in the house, but rarely fruit or veggies. (I'm looking to move out as soon as it's financially responsible). I work as a foster care case manager, and for that reason alone, weightloss would be beneficial to increase my energy to help me work those long, stressful hours. I have a young coonhound mix, and since I am gone for about 10 hours for work each day, I can't justify spending another hour at the gym and leaving her alone, but I have access to workout equipment at home. I love Jesus, and I love people.

I would appreciate your help, and I would love to help you in return!