planning ahead

Options
I'm going shopping with my daughter today. We will be having dinner at Olive Garden. I looked at the menu online, decided what to order, and logged meal. All before I left. I'm excited and proud of myself. I can go to a nice restraunt, eat an amazing dinner, not go over my daily goals and enjoy myself. Cheers to good choices and planning ahead.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    That is so cool!
    I do this all the time and it has become habit.
    Now that I am on MFP... there is nothing that is "off limits" any more.. all it takes is planning!

Now I am thinking about those Olive Garden Breadsticks :smile:
  • rgunn02
    rgunn02 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Good planning!!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I totally do that too! (and I love that Olive Garden has the apricot glazed chicken something or other that is quite low cal and tasty!) Most every restaurant has something good and low-cal, so we can still enjoy a night out. Knowing in advance what I'll order makes it so much easier not to be tempted by the menu options. You won't even have to look at it. Congrats!
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'd like to add that if what you really want is way over your caloric budget, have them bring a to-go container with your meal and cut it in half. Now you've just taken something you probably wouldn't have ordered and turned it into something that you can eat. Just don't eat the rest until the next day or two.
  • chulita1493
    chulita1493 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great planning!! Im going to try this rom now on! Thanks for sharing
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    That's the way to go. I find otherwise I pick 1500 cal meal easily and then panic. This way you planned it and can enjoy the meal.
  • lynnymcc
    Options
    I am doing the same. Going to the Keg tonite. If I can stay clear of that yummy warm bread, then it will be smooth sailing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!