Differing calorie counts

Options
2»

Replies

• mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    > He feels like he's overeating now since he's in "must lose weight now to pass tape!" mode.

What do you mean by this?

Do you eat all 3 meals together?
    I think bigger portions is definitely the best answer.
    Just have him eat extra eggs in the morning, add a piece of fruit, can of tuna, etc. at lunchtime...more meat & rice in the evening, etc.

1) Passing tape is an Army thing. You have to fall within a certain height/weight. Even when he was in his top shape it was an issue.

2) his typical breakfast is a green smoothie. It's the only thing that he says can get him going and that he has time for. You've gotta make concessions when you go in at 6.

3) He likes the salad and fruit that I usually pack for his lunch. I'll look into increasing the amount of peanut butter he gets with his fruit and adding more protein.

not sure about army, but with navy as long as you pass your prt and weight you can be "close" on the tape... since everyone tends to "carry themselves" a little differently... i suppose it really just would depend on the particular chain of command for it though

bacon:flowerforyou:
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    When you give him a sandwich, put butter on it -- that's 100 calories. Add a slice of cheese -- another 100 calories. Switch to a bread that has more calories, such as a high-fiber high-protein bread. That can be another 50 calories. Stick a protein bar in his lunch -- that is likely to be a quick 200 calories or more.
This discussion has been closed.