What is a good starting workout?

Options
Hi everyone,

I've been on here for awhile, and my weight has fluctuated. I'm back up to where I definitely don't want to be! What is a good workout for someone who is getting back on track? It's been maybe 6 months since I've truly been a faithful exerciser. I don't really know how to re-start.

Thanks!

Replies

• juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? What do you want to do? What do you like to do?

If you pick something that lights you up, you are more likely to stick with it. If you exercise because you feel like it's something you should do, it's an almost guaranteed fail.

Put it this way, don't do something to exercise, do it because you look forward to doing it and it's fun for you.

The reason that so many gym memberships go up seasonally is because people 'should' do it and then they stop.

If could be something as relaxing as a hike in a local conservation area or a bike ride.
  • tx_mom72
    Options
    Really all it boils down to is to move! I liked doing Zumba and boxing on my kids Kinnect game system. I haven't done it in awhile but I'm determined to find that last cable tomorrow so I can start doing it again lol
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I started out walking. Threw in a hike or two..... then tried Zumba..... started Karate because my daughter wanted to do it ( Hey I have to be there for her might as well give it a try right?)..... Sometimes I swim, take a bike ride, or jusr play with the kids outside....... depends on what mood I'm in and what I feel like doing.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    For me it started with some walks...and wii dance.

Then longer walks, and the 30 day squat challenage...I got such good results from the squat challenage I did Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred...then did a 2nd round of that...

That was 7months...

I am now doing the Strong Lift weight program and loving it.

The key is to find something you like so you will stick with it...