Going to the beach for a weekk??

Options
I am going to the beach for 5 days leaving on Sunday. I am not sure I want to bring my laptop to track foods, I am worried it will gete stolen.

What have you done when you go away? Just not track. I will still be eating the same, I hope with a few indulgences, plan on having some drinks etc but still eating good while there.

I also am bummed that I will have to start over with my tracking my days count. I won't have my wii fit there either but plan on swimming hours per day while I am there.

What do you all do when you go away on vacation??

Replies

• danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Oooh I'm interested in this too!

Going to the beach in two weeks for a few days and while I'm not too worried about tracking (have a Droid with the app) or eating (staying at my aunt who's hard core about Weight Watchers though I definitely see an indulgence or two happening) I am curious what everyone's beach workout strategies/suggestions are. I'm not much of a runner, and I will most certainly be in the water a ton but it's the ocean so I can't exactly do laps out to deeper water.
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Ipod and android apps are available. Most hotels have a computer in the business center too.

And you can do laps in the ocean or go for long straight swims then walk back.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I just write everything down and record it when I get back. If I eat something in a package I write the calories. If I eat out I typically get something where I am somewhat familiar with the calorie count, as I am becoming more and more knowledgable as to how many calories are in the foods I typically consume.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I used my phone, but if you do not have that option take a pocket sized notebook to keep track of what you are eating. As far as exercise, I ran on the beach early before anyone showed up for the day. I loved it, even took off my IPod to hear the water as I ran.
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I dont have a smart phone so that option is out! I am not even sure if they have wii fi where Im going but if not I will just log it in a book and track when I get back. I should be doing lots of swimming so that should take care of excercise!
  • oceans
    oceans Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    We spent 6 days in Orlando and when we returned I was very happy to see that I weighed 1/2 pound less than when we went. We walked a ton everyday (SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Kennedy Space Center), played in the ocean jumping the waves (Cocoa Beach) and really only ate 2 meals a day (occasionally 3) with some snacking. I didn't chart my calories and I didn't go the gym at the resort. I could tell by how my shorts were fitting after the 3rd day that I was doing ok. We have 2 teenagers and we literally spent 2 hours one day jumping waves and trying to body surf in the ocean. It was a workout. I could feel it in my thighs that evening. You can also walk the beach in water about up to your knees. It's good resistance.
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    We spent 6 days in Orlando and when we returned I was very happy to see that I weighed 1/2 pound less than when we went. We walked a ton everyday (SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Kennedy Space Center), played in the ocean jumping the waves (Cocoa Beach) and really only ate 2 meals a day (occasionally 3) with some snacking. I didn't chart my calories and I didn't go the gym at the resort. I could tell by how my shorts were fitting after the 3rd day that I was doing ok. We have 2 teenagers and we literally spent 2 hours one day jumping waves and trying to body surf in the ocean. It was a workout. I could feel it in my thighs that evening. You can also walk the beach in water about up to your knees. It's good resistance.

Ohh Orlando, my favourite!!! Do you go to Disney?? I love Disney!! Are u on the disboards? You should add me as a friend.

Yes I plan on doing stuff like that every day, don't think I will be able to chart while I am gone, so will hopefully track it and enter it when I get home. Might help me avoid eating too much junk.