So many cereals!? What's the best?

Options
Grocery store shopping list is being prepared for the weekend... I usually don't eat cereal, but thought maybe I'd try some. I'm getting tired of my plain oatmeal with unsweetened applesauce. :grumble:
What's the best bet? I used to love honey nut cheerios, but I'm sure there's too much sugar in them. I've tried the Kashi Go Lean, but it collected dust after the first time anybody ate it in this house. :laugh:
Just curious! Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• hamilton4beaumont
    hamilton4beaumont Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Grocery store shopping list is being prepared for the weekend... I usually don't eat cereal, but thought maybe I'd try some. I'm getting tired of my plain oatmeal with unsweetened applesauce. :grumble:
    What's the best bet? I used to love honey nut cheerios, but I'm sure there's too much sugar in them. I've tried the Kashi Go Lean, but it collected dust after the first time anybody ate it in this house. :laugh:
    Just curious! Have a great day everyone!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    oh god, I haven't had cereal in like 2 years, I know cheerios has good complex carbs. That's about all I know.
  • hamilton4beaumont
    hamilton4beaumont Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Because it's a bad choice? I can stick to hard boiled egg and oatmeal! No problem. I had seen a lot of people post their breakfast with cereal. Thought I might be missing out on something!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I love cereal now and then
    My fav (not sugar about the sugar content) is FiberOne caramel something...they are little sweetened squares (liek conn toast crunch)
    Only 180 cals for a full cup...lots of fiber...good fix...

Kim
  • amandapureasgold
    Options
    I like Fiber One cereal. The Original variety offers the most fiber and the lowest calories. Also, I always use Fat Free skim milk. It actually tastes good! Good Luck!
  • jekaufman
    Options
    I like Multigrain Cheerios. Not to bad on the sugar, 6g. 110 cal in 1 cup. I'll eat them dry as a snack.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I usually eat regular cheerios, grape nuts, or old fashioned quaker oats oatmeal with golden raisins switching out at the end of a box to to another to keep me from getting bored.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Because it's a bad choice? I can stick to hard boiled egg and oatmeal! No problem. I had seen a lot of people post their breakfast with cereal. Thought I might be missing out on something!

nah, not really, I just choose other things. Cereal is fine if you find the right kind.
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm a big breakfast eater (I get really hungry in the morning) and I love cereal in general and used to gobble 2 big bowls for breakfast (that's probably one of the things that contributed to my being overweight). Now I find that oatmeal is much more filling for less calories. The one upside to eating cereal for me is that it was a good way to get a serving (or two) of dairy, since I don't like drinking plain milk. Now, Fiber One cereal (the original) is the only one that seems to fill me up without too many calories. It's 60 cals in 1/2 cup and is good with 1/2 cup skim milk, and I can afford to have something else with it, like yogurt, an egg, fruit, whatever. It's also good mixed with yogurt or sprinkled in a salad or has lots of other uses. And it's really nutritious.
  • diegelmansm
    Options
    I really like Special K cereals. My favorite are honey almond and chocolatey delight!
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Cheerios! :heart:
  • yenn
    yenn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like the Kashi Heart to Heart ... like cheerios, but denser and fiber-y .. also I don't like the Go Lean either because I kind of thought it tasted like liver or bone marrow or something (ucky !!) but the Go Lean CRUNCH I find quite excellent ... like hard crunchy granola and puffed rice, yummy !!
  • Joi67
    Joi67 Posts: 5
    Options
    Fiber One Honey Clusters @ 160 calories and 51% of your daily fiber.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    oatmeal!
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    I like Kashi Go Lean Crunch and I add blueberries. It's not the best tasting cereal but fills me up for the morning and the blueberries break up the taste and provide excellent antioxidants.
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    kashi go lean with yogurt and a banana is delightful
  • KathyR
    KathyR Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If i eat cereal its usually for my night time snack. I LOVE wheaties but choose cherrios more now or oatmeal and have wheaties once in a while to reward myself :laugh:
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i like my cereal in the morning! i like the special k chocolate delight and the new cinnoman pecan, I've also had the chex chocolate and strawberry. i just tried the fiber one carmel delight it is also good! i like to change some depending on my mood. the good thing about all of these is that they are good for you, but also help out if you are craving something sweet! even at night:wink:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Cereal is a good choice! I would just make a note on your list of how manys cals, carbs, fats and proteins you would like to stay under per serving, and then choose something you like or that looks tasty and read the nutritional label provided. :drinker:
  • lilnatn2
    lilnatn2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal every morning for breakfast...love it!! I make sure whatever I eat has at least 6 g Fiber. My new favorite, as someone else mentioned, is Fiber One Caramel Delight with either blueberries or sliced bananas. I also love Post Live Active Mixed Berry Crunch, All Bran Strawberry Medley, and Kashi Go Lean Crunch.