Adapting MFP to gaining weight?

Options
Hi all,

I've changed all my settings etc so that my goal is to gain weight, but it still keeps highlighting when I'm losing weight and keeps the 'projected weight loss' in the goals section. I've spent the first 9 months of this year cutting and this is my first attempt at bulking so it's already quite hard for me to switch off the part of my brain saying 'weighing less is good!'. It would be great if MFP could somehow stop making it sound like weight loss is the primary goal for everyone, and I assumed this would be built into it somewhere, so do any of you know if there's some way to get it to celebrate when I gain weight instead of focussing on how I'm losing it?

Any help would be amazing - I'm hoping this is just me being daft rather than a problem with the website as a whole!

-Dodge

Replies

• Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You can go into your settings and turn off the daily completion button on the mobile app, that way you don't get the daily weight projection. Or you could just not hit that button when you're done entering stuff for the day. Results don't come from the computer, they are real world.

Make and keep a spreadsheet of your vital measurements. Update the spreadsheet every two weeks or a monthly. Keep weight, avg calories eaten for the period, and the typical measurements like chest, arms, waist, hips, thighs, calves, wrists, forearms, and anything else you want to track.

Therein you will see the results. Also, taking photos of yourself on measurement days should help you see how things are going as well.
  • javacafe
    javacafe Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Interesting! I have recently begun feeing exactly the same way. After attaining my target weight, I am psychologically at a point where I am having trouble letting go. I went about 7 lbs. deeper into my cut than originally planned (not a very big deal, really), but I should now start a clean bulk. Yet, my mind has almost gotten conditioned to MFP's implicit reward orientation; letting go off that seems like a trek uphill.