It says I should have gained weight, but I've lost, ???? ??

Okay so, I've been counting calories for a while now, and according to the site I should have gained weight, but somehow I managed to lose 3kg in about a month. I was basically eating a hefty amount of cocopops for breakfast, party sausage rolls for dinner and a cup of coffee(I know, healthy, right?), my limit is 1400 and I think I've been having AT LEAST 1700 a day, but somehow I still lost that much weight so fast, how does this make any sense? I sit on my *kitten* all day, I don't exercise at all, the doctor checked me out and I'm completely healthy so it's not a health issue.

I'm ecstatic that I lost weight, but I just don't see how it's possible. I'm worried changing my diet even a little bit will stop me losing weight but I can't keep eating the same crap all the time.

EDIT: Crap sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum! Sorry about that, I don't know how to delete it.

Replies

• Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    I lost a few lbs when I started upping my cals a couple of weeks ago which I also thought was strange. I haven't been eating that much but I'm up to 1400 so far after a long period of netting around 800. The weight loss seems to have slowed now so its probably nothing to worry about. I haven't been exercising either but my next challenge is to find maintenance and then do a lean bulk so losing a few extra lbs is quite handy for me as it means I shouldn't be too much fatter for the xmas parties lol
  • notdieting
    notdieting Posts: 116 Member
    Are you logging your calories? You say you THINK you've been eating at least 1700 calories but you may find you are over estimating your calorie intake.

Or you find that 1700 calories, if accurate, is still a defecit on your TDEE and that would explain the weight loss. MFP is only a general tool for weight loss and will work out your calorie goal based on the info you give it and a generalisation of averages so is not overly accurate.

You may find that you have still changed your diet, despite is being less than healthy, and therefore you have enabled water-weight loss in some way.

As for the worry over changing your diet and stopping the weight loss....your body doesn't care whether you're giving it 1700 calories of cocopops and sausage rolls or 1700 calories of well balanced nutrients spread across healthy meals so if you lose on 1700, you will lose, whatever that 1700 consists of. You are definately better of trying to do the calories in better choices, just because it's more sustainable. You can get an easy and enjoyable three to four meals a day plus snacks out of that and you'll feel fuller and more satisfied and therefore more likely to stick to it.
  • The coffee may be helping you go to the bathroom. Realistically with that diet had you not been drinking coffee, you wouldnt be intaking nearly enough fiber to crap.

The coffee may be stimulating and pushing a lot out. It only works so long though. Start getting more fruits veggies, chia flax and lean meats, youll continue to lose. Take out the pork and crap before its too late, yuoll begin plateauing soon.
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    I am not sure what the problem is. Is your goal to maintain, to gain or to loose?
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    :drinker:
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Either you are miscalculating your cal intake, or your TDEE is higher then the results the calculator you used gave you.

If u lost 3kgs in a month your TDEE is more than likely between 700-1100 calories higher then the amount of cals ur are eating.

Did u change water intake drastically as well?
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    You probably burn more calories in a day than you think you do. I eat 1900 and I've been losing over a pound a week (I thought I would only lose like .5 a week at that amount). Either you have a high metabolism or you're more active than you think you are - or both!

If it aint broke don't fix it, I say keep enjoying those cocopuffs or whatever they are :happy:
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Work out how many calories you are eating and just swap out the crap for more healthy foods and you should lose at the same rate. Either you are more active than you think you are, or you're taking in less calories than you thought, or your metabolism is higher than this site expects. Whatever it is you're losing and should be thankful!