IIFYM & Fiber

Options
So I started looking into the "IIFYM" and it seems pretty interesting. According to it I need to increase my caloric in take because I am definitely not getting enough. But it also says fiber intake should be around 35.

Just wondering if anyone has done this and used their numbers over MFP and how did it work out. Also how do yall get that many grams of fiber in a day? I am trying not to eat much processed food anymore but I really don't know what to eat that has a lot of fiber in it.

Thanks

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should be consuming around that in terms of fiber. Fiber dense foods: vegetables, potatoes, beans, etc. Just google a list....
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Beans have helped me increase my fiber intake by quite a bit. A serving of black or refried beans with dinner is great. I also often eat Quaker "high fiber" oatmeal at breakfast. 10g fiber per serving.

The clear soluble fiber powders are also a good way to boost fiber intake. Mixing a tablespoon or two into some other food, water, or a protein shake doesn't change the flavor or texture.

I generally aim for somewhere in the neighborhood of 14 grams of fiber per 1000 calories of intake, which is what the AHA recommends.
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I usually add Fiber One cereal to my breakfast protein shake (it makes it really thick, which I like) and itll give me about 10-14g of fiber and a little extra protein.

I also try to eat dark leafy greens and beans (I love black beans, refried and spinach)

I will also eat Fiber one bread and other items that contain more fiber (breads, flatbread, tortilla, etc0
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I use an IIFYM approach and track fiber as well. Many great ideas have already been mentioned. My favorite fiber source is probably strawberries or raspberries.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I use broccoli, FiberOne cereal, Questbars, strawberries and if need be I take a few Fiber Gummies.