Carrot juice on a low carb diet?

As we all know Carrots contain loads of nutritions and it has a lot of benifits but is it okay to have it on a low carb diet? And should i have it before a meal or after it? Is there a low carb substitute juice with same values?

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Do you actually like carrot juice? Or do you prefer fresh carrots? If it is the latter, don't drink the carrot juice! You will get more nutrients (like fiber) from eating fresh, whole carrots.

Also, what are your reasons behind going low carb? How low carb do you want to go?
  • I do like munching on raw carrots. I usually do that but today i made carrot juice and i have noticed it didn't fill me like raw carrots either and i had to use more carrots to make the juice then i usually eat carrots. Thats why i am worried about the carbs. I guess you're right i should stick to eating raw carrots.

And i usually tend to eat around 40-50 g carbs everyday and those of which are from vegetables and fruits.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Nothing in carrot / carrot juice you can't get from other lower carb sources. Vitamin A is the only thing it has a lot of in terms of % of RDI with a reasonable content of C and K. It isn't stupidly high in carbs at 10% or less.