Fasting to fast or not to fast

Options
that is the question, one of the people we met at church recommended this video by a Dr. Fung r who ecommends that fasting is a solution
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG89j432w-Y

.The Aetiology of Obesity Part 4 of 6: The Fast Solution .
Dr. Fung says with calorie deficient diets we are losing muscles and bone as well as fat what is worse is the body will adjust slow down to make up for lost calories, if we eat less the body will adjust to the new level, then we have to eat less again and the body will adjust not only that the hunger hormones kick in and we eat and put it all back on worse yet what we do put back on is not bone and muscle but fat. This is quite upsetting but he suggests that with fasting the body doesn't adjust and we don't lose our muscles and bone mass.

Any fasters out there , how do you do it??? Does it help with weight loss??? How do you feel/???

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I fast while I'm sleeping. Does that count?
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I am following the 5:2 diet. 5 days at eating at TDEE and the two days of 500 kccals. It has worked for me so far. I have lost good amounts of weight since I started ( July) The "fast' days are fairly easy.......I tend to try to eat a main meal in the evening. I looked into it a great deal before I started and it was the health benefits tha I wanted.......losing the weight has been good,, but the fact that I am more energised is what is great!