What the FRIGGING HECK!!

TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I am REALLY frustrated!! I'm not sure what to do but all I know is something isn't working.

I didn't weigh for 2 weeks, trying to give myself a break, not get so frustrated, etc.....and I had TOM last week, so I was avoiding weighing while on that.

So, I get on the scale today, thinking it should be decent. And.........IT WAS NOTHING!! It was fluctuating between a 2 lb loss and staying the same....mostly staying the same! How is that possible??? NOTHING??? In 2 weeks?? When I do everything right?? I eat right, I exercise GREAT! I even pushed myself harder at the gym the last two weeks.

I really don't get why the body responds like this!!! My jeans have gotten looser though!! But, I haven't lost weight???? Give me a break!!! Maybe I need a new scale, I don't know!!

Sorry, I am just REALLY upset right now. It just makes NO sense at all.

Replies

• TamTastic
    I am REALLY frustrated!! I'm not sure what to do but all I know is something isn't working.

I didn't weigh for 2 weeks, trying to give myself a break, not get so frustrated, etc.....and I had TOM last week, so I was avoiding weighing while on that.

So, I get on the scale today, thinking it should be decent. And.........IT WAS NOTHING!! It was fluctuating between a 2 lb loss and staying the same....mostly staying the same! How is that possible??? NOTHING??? In 2 weeks?? When I do everything right?? I eat right, I exercise GREAT! I even pushed myself harder at the gym the last two weeks.

I really don't get why the body responds like this!!! My jeans have gotten looser though!! But, I haven't lost weight???? Give me a break!!! Maybe I need a new scale, I don't know!!

Sorry, I am just REALLY upset right now. It just makes NO sense at all.
  • Hunny if your jeans are looser , but there is no change in weight,and you've been hitting the gym hard , it simply means that fat has been taken away and replaced by muscle. I know the numbers are frustrating but dont give up. If the jeans are loose then obviously somethings working right. Chin Up :flowerforyou:
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    If you measure yourself you'll probably find you've lost inches not pounds. It's possible you have turned some fat into muscle so the scales won't show anything :smile:

Don't let that side track you!!! You're doing great :flowerforyou:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Hang in there Tamim, i know its frustrating, but the fact that you jeans fill looser should be your reward, concentrate on that, you might have been building some muscle up lately, might still have some water retention from your TOM, you body might be taking a little break, there could be a lot of reasons, But hang in there,
    no matter what the scale says, just ignore it and go on with you new lifestyle and the scale will have to fallow along at some point,

your doing fantastic, we are all looking up to what you have accomplish,
    may
  • TamTastic
    I appreciate what you are all saying. I just feel like it's all for nothing sometimes.

I mean, YES, I know it works. I am not giving up. Being 75 lbs less sine September makes it obvious that it does work.

I am just sitting here in tears today. It was SUCH a let down. I mean, after a 2 week break of weighing I had my hopes up of a decent loss. At LEAST 3 lbs, maybe 4 and to see the number just really let me down.

I just work SO hard and am SO good with everything. We went to dinner Saturday night for a friend at a Mexican restaurant and while everyone was chowing on chips and smothed burritos and all that good stuff, I ordered a shrimp ceasar salad. All it had was lettuce, shrimp, black beans and a little low fat cheese with the dressing on the side. I counted out 5 chips and had just that with salsa and while everyone drank margaritas, I drank water! I am so careful and to see the scale act like this just pi$$es me off!!!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    I just work SO hard and am SO good with everything. We went to dinner Saturday night for a friend at a Mexican restaurant and while everyone was chowing on chips and smothed burritos and all that good stuff, I ordered a shrimp ceasar salad. All it had was lettuce, shrimp, black beans and a little low fat cheese with the dressing on the side. I counted out 5 chips and had just that with salsa and while everyone drank margaritas, I drank water! I am so careful and to see the scale act like this just pi$$es me off!!!

I know what you mean. It is hard to be a good girl when others are eating everything in sight. Last night, I had eaten all my calories and stopped for the night. My husband picked that exact moment to make nachos! I watched him eat the nachos but resisted. Sigh. I'm not sure if I will see a difference on the scale, but I am changing my habits, which is hard! After all, the way I was eating before, I kept GAINING weight.

I hope you don't give up. Maybe your body is just on a plateau for awhile, and when it goes, it will really go!
  • yenn
    yenn Posts: 48 Member
    I'm with you abbychelleo7, you know what? Maybe you'd be GAINING weight right now, like we all tend to every now and again as the years gone by !! You're in it for the long haul and you are doing GREAT.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    I'm with you abbychelleo7, you know what? Maybe you'd be GAINING weight right now, like we all tend to every now and again as the years gone by !! You're in it for the long haul and you are doing GREAT.

You are a sweetie! :heart:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Aw Tiramisu......

I agree with BE...if you've been pushing yourself harder the past 2 weeks... you're gaining muscles!!!
    Scales are evil!!!!!!... EVIL!!!:devil:
    Don't mind the numbers that pop up on the scale.. pay attention to how loose your clothes feel and how awesome YOU feel!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I hate the scale. I hate the scale because it's taken you, who is our inspiration, and made her sad and discouraged.

Kill your scale. I'm seriously thinking of taking a baseball bat to mine. How can a little piece of technology take an intelligent and strong and beautiful woman, like yourself, who has come so far, and discourage her.

Inches are what's important. How you feel is what's important.

Stupid scale.:explode:
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    I have been stuck as well.

It almost discredits all the work you put in and all the great things that have happened.

I'm not sure if it is because it feels like you have had dumb luck or if it is beacsue everything you thought you understood looks like a lie. Either way its hard.

Just know that there are many who are in the same boat. I know you will get through this. The hardest part is over and you know you cant turn back now.
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Just posted this, so thought I would just repost on yours...... saves typing.....
    That is one thing that can be so frustrating to some that do not know what happens when you start to work out. I know I been pissed that I haven't lost any weight for over the past 3 weeks since I been working out at the Gym almost every day. But then I noticed my pants were starting to feel baggy on me and had to tighten up my belt. :love:

A pound of fat is = to a pound of muscle, but you have to remember that the mass is so much different.

____________..... _______
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||..... ||||||||||||||||||
    |||||||1 lb fat|||||||||..... |||||1 lb||||||
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||..... |||muscle||
    |___________|..... |_______|

Sorry for the bad diagram. No one should ever give up from weight gain or no weight loss as long as your loosing inches, or more importantly just eating healthy is an extremely important step.
  • sebmsu
    sebmsu Posts: 26
    I felt the exact same way this morning. I just started with this site but I have been going to the gym hard core 5 days a week with at least an hour of an aerobics class each time and I have been gaining and loosing the same pound for the last 3 weeks. Everyone tells me how great I look but the scales say I'm still a fatty. When I was doing Weight Watchers the weight just fell off which I gained back. I don't know if I'm just gettting older and it's harder to get the weight off or I'm just gaining muscle.
    Congrats on your weight loss so far I don't have anything to show on the scales but I do feel better.
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    I have spent the past MONTH weighing about the same. I was starting to think my scales were stuck :bigsmile: . finally today I weigh in and sure enough it dipped down a few pounds.
  • Just remember to not only use a scale to measure your fat loss, also do measurements. Most of the time, especially when lifting, people tend to gain weight. Don't get too down on yourself because muscle burns fat while you are doing nothing and speeds up your metabolism.....so don't panic. Also, I would recommend to be consistent with your weigh-ins, always do it weekly!! Keep up the good work!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    I appreciate what you are all saying. I just feel like it's all for nothing sometimes.

I mean, YES, I know it works. I am not giving up. Being 75 lbs less sine September makes it obvious that it does work.

I am just sitting here in tears today. It was SUCH a let down. I mean, after a 2 week break of weighing I had my hopes up of a decent loss. At LEAST 3 lbs, maybe 4 and to see the number just really let me down.

Oh Tam. I feel for you, I KNOW you want to see that loss because we are all so conditioned to see it. But remember, it's all about being healthy, i am so proud of you for the fact that you are seeing a difference in yourself! don't feel bad though, over the last 3 months I have lost a total of 2.5 lbs (depending on the day), but I am now in a size 35 pants and I can run about 2 mph faster then I could then. I know that you KNOW you are healthier and stronger then you were, you just have to believe it! I think it may be time for another 1 month scale challenge! It's been almost 4 months since the last one. What do you guys think?:huh:
  • What's the one month scale challenge banks?... if it means we get to take a baseball bat (stolen from vivia) to our scales every day for a month to burn some cals I am totally in... I hate my scale so much right now... lol...

Also I think we are all beautiful intelligent strong willed people... look what we are doing that other people are too affraid to do... we are changing our lives for the better... we are making a difference for our children... we all came here and made a commitment to eat healthy and move more and we are... even when the scale is against us we keep on keepin on... even when our friends eat smothered burritos and our husbands have nachos and our kids have cookies we are sticking to our commitment to ourselves and our future... my scale is not moving either Tamim... but I know that I am working as hard as I can and making healthy food choices... one day that scale is going to get the right answer to our weekly question... and when it does it will be sweeter than splenda... Hang in there girl... we are here for you

Jenn
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    That's it, I'm setting it up. Although dragon's idea isn't bad either. Course it does seem like a waste of a perfectly good baseball bat :sad:

Everyone be sure to check the post list for my new scale challenge in a little bit!
  • That's it, I'm setting it up. Although dragon's idea isn't bad either. Course it does seem like a waste of a perfectly good baseball bat :sad:

How about a hammer or a mallet... or we could just kick the hell out of it... hehehe
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member

Oh Tam. I feel for you, I KNOW you want to see that loss because we are all so conditioned to see it. But remember, it's all about being healthy, i am so proud of you for the fact that you are seeing a difference in yourself! don't feel bad though, over the last 3 months I have lost a total of 2.5 lbs (depending on the day), but I am now in a size 35 pants and I can run about 2 mph faster then I could then. I know that you KNOW you are healthier and stronger then you were, you just have to believe it! I think it may be time for another 1 month scale challenge! It's been almost 4 months since the last one. What do you guys think?:huh:

A banks challenge?? I am in. The month weight in is the best.
    Tam-you are doing a great job. Be patient and you will do it. like banks said, you are getting healthier and that is sooooo important. IT WILL COME OFF:heart: