Protein shakes for weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I like the Premier Protein shakes from Costco - while I usually have them after a workout, I have been known to grab one when in a time crunch.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I enjoy chewing my food too much, so i have never been able to stick with protein shakes. That being said, i would recommend Quest Bars (protein bars.) A ton of fiber in them so they keep you full in addition to being a good breakfast replacement or snack. Protein powder won't give you the fiber unless you add it yourself.
  • b3st
    b3st Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Its fine.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I pack my breakfast at the same time as my lunch at night sometimes that way I get breakfast on the busiest days. I do drink protein shakes but only as supplement not as a meal replacement. I drink EAS carb control shakes, they are premade but I love the chocolate ones. I have one of those for breakfast, some peanut butter toast, a yogurt or the shake, a greek yogurt, and fresh fruit. So it is doable. But I don't think they should replace eating real food.
  • Chrisschumm
    Options
    I've used a magnitude of proteins out there... the best regarding taste, consistency & results... seems to be gnc wheybolic extreme... even though its ridiculously expensive.

I too am on a weight loss plan... but i don't substitute whey for real food (as much as my early AM laziness wants to)

Others with more expertise can chime in here because im no expert, but from what i read on a bunch of forums & stuff is that it's more beneficial for you to eat after your workout vs before.