Hello, I need advice

ssmiley2073
ssmiley2073 Posts: 3
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
OK here is my story...........I am almost 23 years old and I have always had a problem with weight until last year when I lost 40 pounds. I changed my lifestyle and started eating healthy and working out and I loved working out and for once being at a healthy weight. Then I moved somewhere new where the closest gym is 45 minutes away from my home and work and I am a waitress so my eating schedule is off. I cant seem to get back the excitement of exercising and I my eating habits arent as good as they used to be leading to 10 extra pounds that I worked so hard to lose last year. I have maintained this for a couple of months and I workout as much as I can with my hectic schedule, but I need any advice on how to get myself back on track I just started on here and the first week I only lost 1/2 a pound which is a start i know but I still feel like I need something more. I would greatly appreciate and advice from anyone how I should eat better or good ideas about exercising at home. Sometimes I feel too young to have this much of a problem with weight when most people my age eat more than I do and never workout and are thinner than I am. Anything would be helpful...............

Replies

• Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    OK here is my story...........I am almost 23 years old and I have always had a problem with weight until last year when I lost 40 pounds. I changed my lifestyle and started eating healthy and working out and I loved working out and for once being at a healthy weight. Then I moved somewhere new where the closest gym is 45 minutes away from my home and work and I am a waitress so my eating schedule is off. I cant seem to get back the excitement of exercising and I my eating habits arent as good as they used to be leading to 10 extra pounds that I worked so hard to lose last year. I have maintained this for a couple of months and I workout as much as I can with my hectic schedule, but I need any advice on how to get myself back on track I just started on here and the first week I only lost 1/2 a pound which is a start i know but I still feel like I need something more. I would greatly appreciate and advice from anyone how I should eat better or good ideas about exercising at home. Sometimes I feel too young to have this much of a problem with weight when most people my age eat more than I do and never workout and are thinner than I am. Anything would be helpful...............

Don't stress out over it.. that is the fisrt thing i would advise.. Stress doesn't help and slows your metabolism..
    Second, i am not sure what your schedule is, but I would try to wake up early and walk/run for one hour before heading to work.. It will put you in a great mood, set you up with your workout..
    as for food, try preparing your food ahead of time, put it in small zipper bags and bring it with you.. Including snacks (such as a small bag of baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, raw walnuts, raw almonds, greek yogurt, fruits (such as bananas, oranges, grapes, apples)), as for lunch/dinner, if you don't fancy making your own food, i would advise sticking with a fresh subway sandwich or a fresh salad and have the dressing on the side)
    As for other training, you can do a lot at home: use cans as dumbells and do all exercises that you used to do at the gym, buy a jumping rope and try to aim at doing 5 min non stop as your goal and work-up from there, if you have a bicycle, start cycling to & from work, etc.. your options are limitless just don't let the new change overwhelm you..
    Best of luck and if you need further help, just let me know.
    Dounia
  • Thanks I needed to hear that your right I think that I am stressing about it too much and I actually bought a jump rope and then never used it thanks for your advice
This discussion has been closed.