Need an Android App...

Options
I want to start following the Couch to 5K plan
http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k-plan.aspx

For Week one it says:
Begin with a brisk 5-minute walk, then alternate 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking, for a total of 20 minutes

What is the best way to track when to alternate?
Is there an android app that will track this?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I don't know about apps, but there are podcasts you can download that play music and such, then tell you when to switch. Just Google "Couch to 5k podcast", and you'll probably find something. You could probably do a search at the App Store, too. You could also perhaps play with a regular tracking app like Map My run. I can't do different intervals, I don't think, but it can set it to tell me when I've hit a certain time/distance.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    There are a bunch of apps (mostly free)...just do a search for c25k in the google play store.
  • SHRINKINGG1
    SHRINKINGG1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    There are several just go to Google play store and search c25k. I am starting this week. I am going to use active.com version which I believe was 2.00 but there are some out there for free.
  • albionjen
    albionjen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've done the couch to 5k and I just used the free mp3 files and an ipod to time the walk/run sections. You can download the podcasts from the NHS site. They come as mp3 files, so you can play them on your andriod phone or ipod. As far as apps go, I think Zombies Run has a couch to 5k option but haven't used it myself. There are probably other apps as well.

A fun free app to use when running is "Map My Run". It allows you to track your route and work out your speed, so once you get to the longer runs you can see how you are improving.
  • AndyRogan
    AndyRogan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've got Mapmyrun, and started using every day for my 2mile+ lunchtime walk.
    Would be nice if it linked into MFP.
    I'll have a play around and see if I can get it to bleep or something when I hit the intervals.

I've tried the Nike+ running app, which is quite good, lets you play music, although with no headphone control option.
    I've tried Runkeeper but wasn't impressed.

I'll have a look at the c25k and zombie run apps though.

Thanks Guys
    :bigsmile: