Advice

How do you get yourself out of "Plateau " ??

Replies

• FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,268 Member
    :It is normal to get to a certain point in your weight loss journey when you feel lazy and start to slip. I think you are analyzing it to be an emotional thing.. and you may be right but sometimes you just have to refocus. I been there too many times...once I was halfway and started seeing great results then I started getting lazy and didn't track like I did when I began, I wasn't focused on getting in my water or a good range of vegies. My plan on this is to sit down and get yourself a cheap notebook and weekly planner for the year (dollar store) Then figure out some short term goals and long term goals, not all scale related. Don't forget nonscale victories are just as important as the numbers. I like to make a goal for every 5%, every time I go under a increment of ten, holidays, birthdays, etc. then I plan out some rewards I really want, like for example I want to go parasailing for my birthday and hope to be in the 170's by then (April) so I wrote it on the calendar. I also want to achieve a loss of 5% at least every month or month and half. Your goals may be different but you get the jist. I am visual and numbers person so that is how I stay motivated. I keep a food journal for everday so I can always look back and see what I did right on the weeks I lose or how I can improve on the weeks I don't. MFP is great for loggin in for calories but doesn't leave room for notes on how you feel for the day or any ideas you have or hear and just want to jot them down. For myself, it was around 27 weeks into my weight loss before and I just got lazy and didn't track so I didn't exercise or eat right. When this happens you have to reflect back to your first few weeks on losing weight, and how you were so motivated and read everything and visualized your goals. Just do this again. Start over. smile:
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Be patient and have fun with new recipes .I was on plateau since beginning of June and have finally lost 2 pounds .Hang in there and do not give up,Your weight will come off if you keep trying .I did start weightlifting recently and maybe that is what helped.Good Luck