My AWESOME Personal Trainer!!!

Options
CocoFire
CocoFire Posts: 53 Member
There was an article in the local paper about my awesome personal trainer. (There is an awesome photo of him in the article!)

http://www.lahontanvalleynews.com/article/20100731/SPORTS/100739968/1055&ParentProfile=1045

Here are a few excerpts:

John O'Donnell, who works at Total Fitness, turned to MMA 18 months ago and hasn't looked back. It took him only three fights, which he went 3-0, before turning professional.

Training for his fights have come in various forms. At Total Fitness, O'Donnell's female clientele likes to throw punches, which in turn he uses as an exercise for his footwork. O'Donnell also works at Naval Air Station Fallon and comes into contact with Navy SEALs.

The SEALs have taught O'Donnell more about mental toughness and perspective than the physical tools he can use inside the octagon. However, in O'Donnell's in first pro fight he broke two bones in his foot, but still won.

I sure hope he wasn't talking about me throwing punches! I promise that I have never taken a swing a him. I may throw him an icy glare from time to the (also known as the Carmen-look-of-death) when he pushes me especially hard. But I promise I have never wanted to resort to physical violence! (LOL)

I am so inspired by John. He is the main reason I have grown to love this fitness thing. His patience has given me to opportunity to learn about the world of sweat for the first time in my 36 years. I never considered myself "good at" anything that required strength, balance, or movement. Now I have started falling in love. I'm in love with the warmth that radiates from within after a great work out. I'm in love with seeing progress in my body and with building strength. I love that I have the opportunity to explore my fears and overcome them. John has made going to the gym a wonderful experience for me. He is my support and he believes in me. He pushes me when others give up. He listens to my fears and gives me a new perspective.

I'm so glad that our paths have crossed. He has changed my life in amazing ways. And every day that goes by it only gets better. You know I'll be in his corner cheering for him on fight day!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!