Motivation Monday...NSVs this weekend!

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
Motivation Monday...feel free to post yours as well! While cleaning out my closet today I found a pair of pants I kept as my before pants. These were from my highest weight which was about 100 lbs ago. Then I found the shirt I wore meeting my youngest son for the first time in Korea. I've kept it for sentimental reasons...If I clip it behind me, it makes a cute dress so I might have it altered! And finally, my new outfit for family pictures in a couple of weeks - the outfit is beyond flattering and hides a multitude of sins!

Before pants:
i-4zxrwff-L.jpg

Before shirt:
i-tfz6Qmq-L.jpg

What it might look like as a dress:
i-zWvnN5c-L.jpg

New family picture outfit:
i-PDSJF4G-L.jpg

Happy Monday all!

Replies

• blessybuva
    blessybuva Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    amazing. youre trully inspirational!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look fantastic!!!
  • Mady1911
    Mady1911 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My God, you look wonderfull!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    the "dress" is a really awesome idea; I hope you get it altered :)
  • sandikegz
    Options
    Cogratulations to you!!! Alterations are a must!!!

My NSV for the weekend was that I bought a pair of size 26 Guess jeans on Saturday and they fit awesome! I thought there was no way in hell they'd fit when I tried them on, but they did and they look awesome!!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

I agree completely!! So cute. It took me two read-throughs of the OP to understand that it was originally a top. I thought it was a dress all along, but needed to be more snug as in the second pic! hehe

I have a beautiful size 3X floral tank with rosettes at the top, in a nice heavy fabric, and I fully intend to make it one of my favorites this fall/winter with just leggings and a blazer (as it now covers my entire bum and my thighs have gotten so much nicer). I'm excited about this. Two years ago it was one of my favorites for work and I wore it as a shirt as it came just past my waist.

Yesterday my fiancé and I went to the park I used to play in when I was a kid. It was destroyed in a 2011 tornado, and just reopened. I had not used the slides, swings, etc, since around age 11-12 and did all of that stuff at age 36 and had a blast. I don't think I would have had the confidence to do that at my heaviest (80+ lb ago). While it sounds a bit silly, I was proud of myself for climbing on the metal play structures. Even as a kid, I was too self-conscious and afraid of heights. But yesterday I did it with verve LOL!

We also shot free-throws, and I wore my compression-type, super body conscious yoga pants and my fiancé kept commenting favorably on my bum. Can't beat that.
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Omma ~ Wasn't that fun? I love trying on clothes of mine that are now too big to consider!
    Great going!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options

I agree completely!! So cute. It took me two read-throughs of the OP to understand that it was originally a top. I thought it was a dress all along, but needed to be more snug as in the second pic! hehe

I have a beautiful size 3X floral tank with rosettes at the top, in a nice heavy fabric, and I fully intend to make it one of my favorites this fall/winter with just leggings and a blazer (as it now covers my entire bum and my thighs have gotten so much nicer). I'm excited about this. Two years ago it was one of my favorites for work and I wore it as a shirt as it came just past my waist.

Yesterday my fiancé and I went to the park I used to play in when I was a kid. It was destroyed in a 2011 tornado, and just reopened. I had not used the slides, swings, etc, since around age 11-12 and did all of that stuff at age 36 and had a blast. I don't think I would have had the confidence to do that at my heaviest (80+ lb ago). While it sounds a bit silly, I was proud of myself for climbing on the metal play structures. Even as a kid, I was too self-conscious and afraid of heights. But yesterday I did it with verve LOL!

We also shot free-throws, and I wore my compression-type, super body conscious yoga pants and my fiancé kept commenting favorably on my bum. Can't beat that.

It always was a very long, tunic top, but still!

I don't have a good picture of me in it, but here is one from when I first met my son:

P2040571-S.jpg
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! You look amazing!
  • fgenao
    fgenao Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic... keep up the good work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!