YOGA!!

KPaden1221
KPaden1221 Posts: 433
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
really considering yoga to keep me calm relaxed and less stress before the wedding... what do y'all think? has anyone done it or does yoga? does it really help you to relax and stay lessed stressed.. i need something!!!!

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    I've recently returned to yoga, and, with the right instructor, find it both physically challenging and calming. Unlike when I use the treadmill, I find it very centering, even when I'm exerting myself a great deal.
  • SuzyT01
    SuzyT01 Posts: 12
    OMG! I LOOOOOVE Yoga! I do it everyday! Its a great workout, plus its great mentally too! I totally reccommend it, it makes ANY other workout (elliptical, jogging, biking etc) much easier because you are soo much more flexible and it builds lean muscle which is easier to move. I will say though, there are times that you think you are going to die, because when you are on the floor trying to balance your WHOLE body with only one hand and one foot on the ground (side plank pose), your whole body just shakes and its so very difficult to hold for nearly a minute. But the challenge is what makes it great because each time you do it, you notice its a little easier and you've become a little stronger with each workout!
  • Love yoga! It is very calming
  • I love Yoga! I wish I had more time (alone) at home to do it. Its really challenging and relaxing. TRY IT girl, you'll like it! xoxoxoxo
    Congrats on the wedding!
  • sbear867
    sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
    Yoga is fantastic no matter your size or ability. everything is modifiable so you never feel defeated and there is no competition. if you find yourself in a class of judging people try a different one. It shouldn't be that way.
  • Yoga is something you can learn to do at home. I am well over my ideal weight, have lots of stress in my life, and I find yoga to be relaxing, yet challenging, muscle-building, (which means fat-losing) and keeps me flexible. I love holding the airplane pose.
This discussion has been closed.