vitamin and mineral absorption issues

Options
I have consulted with a micro-analyst and was told that my body does not absorb vitamins and minerals very well. I believe it. I once did a stint of doubling the recommended doses of my supplement cocktail and it did make a difference, but eventually got tired of the expense of it. I currently take recommended doses of: calcium, omega 3-6-9, primrose oil, multi-vitamin for women, iron, Vitamin C, ginko biloba, holy basil, vitamin D3. Is the diagnosis a bogus one, or does this condition actually exist and is there a relatively simple way to increase your vitamin absorption?

Replies

• crazy4sio
    crazy4sio Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I believe it is true. I am no doctor, but I have the same problem. my doc has me on high doses of vit d & vb12. after a lot of research online, it could be a problem in the gut.. maybe have a blood test and see if you have any food allergies that you may not be aware of? I found out that I was allergic to pork of all things... I ate it all the time. you would not believe how much it was in my normal day to day diet... after eliminating that, I have felt a hundred times better... that is where I would start... If I were you.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Not bad--add zinc and lysine to your mix. I too HAD that issue, and my trainer has me take them in the AM, 30 minutes before I eat and I do better now. The zinc and lysine my DR. recommended for the cold and virus issues and I swear I have not had a sniffle in 3 years AND the zinc is good for your skin and hair. Good Luck
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I also take my 10,000 units of B12 every morning as well. gets me going and my trainer and Dr. say I am fine.