Hip hop abs

I recently ordered Hip Hop Abs by Shaun T and was curious if anyone has ever done the workouts and if you have had success with it. If you have please post some pictures for motivation. Or if you have any advice or feedback I would love to hear it!

Thanks!

Replies

• maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Sorry, no pictures.
    I bought it last month and have really liked it. I don't do it everyday like it says, but I can still see a difference. I have lost a few inches and my core is stronger when I do pilates. Good luck.
  • monietrojan
    monietrojan Posts: 45 Member
    We did twice a week at work for 45 mins to an hour. I saw a difference in my inches also
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    I purchased it and used it and didn't care for it at all. To me, I'd rather do normal ab work outs ... I thought the dance moves were going to be fun but I spend most of my time critiquing how UNmanly Sean looked in this video ... (LOL). I wish I had known, I would have been more than happy to send you mine vs your ordering one. I really just didn't find it very interesting...And I wasn't the least bit sore after doing it ! which is odd because I get sore from toooo much walking LOL.
  • kristyrae24
    kristyrae24 Posts: 74 Member
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! I also feel that Shaun t looks a little unmanly at times too lol. However, I have so much fun working out to his Rockin Body DVDs so I thought I would try this one too. I guess I'll have my own opinion about this one once I get to try it! Thanks again everyone!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Hi - I have lost almost 40 inches and 62 lbs doing HHA primarily. As for a sweat, if you really work hard you will break a sweat, heck sometimes I have a puddle after the 45 mins of cardio dance party workout followed by the extra 10mins or so of the cardio challenge. Like anything, it is really what you put into it. I tried T-25 several times now but go right back to HHA because time flies when I do these workouts. When I hit 100 lbs I will post my success with this program. Now, what are you waiting for????? Enjoy!

:bigsmile:
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    I purchased it and used it and didn't care for it at all. To me, I'd rather do normal ab work outs ... I thought the dance moves were going to be fun but I spend most of my time critiquing how UNmanly Sean looked in this video ... (LOL). I wish I had known, I would have been more than happy to send you mine vs your ordering one. I really just didn't find it very interesting...And I wasn't the least bit sore after doing it ! which is odd because I get sore from toooo much walking LOL.
    Yep. I bought it, did it once, and NO thank you! Shaun T says "hip hop abs" about 20 x in the workout- LOL!
  • zcheeze
    zcheeze Posts: 25
    I just got done doing a HHA work-out.. Shaun-T knows his stuff! I have a combo Rockin' Body & HHA calander, and when I stick to it, it doesn't take long to notice a difference.

Doesn't look manly?? Who cares! His great personality keeps it fun and he's in great shape.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! I also feel that Shaun t looks a little unmanly at times too lol. !

Well he *is* married to a man, so you don't have to wonder why.
  • kristyrae24
    kristyrae24 Posts: 74 Member
    Oh I don't care at all I love his Rockin Body workouts and have been doing that for 3 months now and feel that it time to move on to something else. But I love how motivating he is and I have so much fun working out to Rockin body. Thanks for all the advice!
  • GO FOR IT. I did Hip Hop Abs (followed the calendar to a T) and literally in my fourth week of the program folks who didn't know I'd started a fitness program started asking what I'd been doing. I got noticeable results, and the scale also reflected the difference. About 12 pounds in the first 30 days, and since then I've continued to lose even without working out nearly as much. I didn't take my measurements before or after, but I can fit into clothes I haven't worn in over a year.

As with any DVD program the insructor's style is always a matter of preference. To me, Shaun is a great motivator. I found that the time flies by and I don't feel like I'm "working out," so I'm able to stick with it. After a while even the corny music started playing in my head.

If you do it as directed you will see results!
  • Reneeark
    Reneeark Posts: 3 Member
    First, let me say this is the first time I have ever responded on computers in my life to a stranger! I really want encourage you. I "started" hip hop abs 9/3/13 and took measurements. I followed the poster and worked out when I was supposed to, but of course I lost my motivation, as I always do. Since last week 10/14/13 I started MFP and love it! I lost 4.5lbs in my first week and forgot to measure the first day. So I measured today, 1 week into it, thinking the 4.5 lbs would not make much difference and I would call these measurements close enough to start date. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had lost 3 1/2 " since 9/3/13. 1" in the waist, 1 1/2 " in the hips, and 1/2" in each thigh. I thank hip hop abs for these problem areas and it encourages me to get back to it like I should be , now that I am serious and found MFP. Go for it!!!!!!
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    I just started HHA (day 3) and I'm enjoying it. I could care less if Shaun T was straight, gay, or otherwise, I bought it to work on my midsection, period. He is funny so it was easy to workout to the DVD. I am dripping in sweat at the end because I am working HARD at it. No cutesy steps for me I'm all in. I also walk, go to the gym, use Wii Fitness, and do yoga at home so this isn't and won't be my only workout. The only thing I won't be doing is the Shakeology shakes; however, I may try some of the meal suggestions. Good luck to those who are sticking with it and to those who didn't, I hope you find something that you like AND that motivates you at the same time.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    GO FOR IT. I did Hip Hop Abs (followed the calendar to a T) and literally in my fourth week of the program folks who didn't know I'd started a fitness program started asking what I'd been doing. I got noticeable results, and the scale also reflected the difference. About 12 pounds in the first 30 days, and since then I've continued to lose even without working out nearly as much. I didn't take my measurements before or after, but I can fit into clothes I haven't worn in over a year.

As with any DVD program the insructor's style is always a matter of preference. To me, Shaun is a great motivator. I found that the time flies by and I don't feel like I'm "working out," so I'm able to stick with it. After a while even the corny music started playing in my head.

If you do it as directed you will see results!

I agree with your comment that the instructor's style is a matter of preference. I found him to be motivating as well. I actually did my session yesterday with my headphones on so I just followed along to my own music and it as just as interesting. Good luck with your journey.
  • I love Hip Hop Abs! It is a great work out. I use to dance and find it so much fun. I can really feel my abs the next day screaming at me. : )
  • kimmycool2003
    kimmycool2003 Posts: 20 Member
    I was just looking to order that also today, Just not sure if it will help or if i will like it!! Let me know how it goes!!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! I also feel that Shaun t looks a little unmanly at times too lol. !

Well he *is* married to a man, so you don't have to wonder why.

Good to know my gaydar was right on with him
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!