My First 8 Weeks..... 12Kg/26lbs Gone!!

Options
StuAblett
StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
I started MFP 8 weeks ago, well 8 weeks ago tomorrow, Friday Aug 6th.

I love my iPhone and the MFP iPhone app has been my weapon of choice in my personal battle of the bulge :bigsmile:

So far I've dropped 12/Kg/26lbs :smile:

1288499_6449.jpg

First comparison picture, I've seen others do this, and I wanted to take the pics while I'm still fat, as I won't be forever!

Not long ago, I was really wondering what the heck I could do, I could not seem to drop the weight, I was tired ALL the time, I slept too much and I was a wreak. I'm only 46 years old, I felt 106. I've done every single diet you can name, my shelves are sagging under the weight of diet books, all read, all studied and all now gathering dust.

My lifestyle change (I refuse to call it a DIET!!) is simple, I eat less, I eat good food. Gone of the days of eating stuff out of cardboard boxes, processed food is not something I'll be consuming much anymore. At first, maybe the first week, I had some troubles with feeling hungry, but not that bad, much less than various diets I'd been on before, but within a week or two, I was really not feeling hungry. The MFP bot decided that I should consume 2200 calories a day, I did that for less than a week and then I dropped that number to 1800 calories and a week or two later, to 1500 calories. At 1800 calories, I seldom came close to that number and I was not hungry, so I decided to lower it to 1500 calories, and I seldom hit that number either. I read labels and now have scales at my home and work. I eat some bread, not much, but we make it, good quality healthy ingredients only please! :wink:

I have started cycling again, I use to be into it big time, did not own a car, now I'm back. I live in Tokyo Japan, I'm a Canadian, I'm married to a wonderful Japanese lady, and we have two wonderful teenage daughters, I'm bless in my life that way.

We run my wife's family's liquor shop, I do all the deliveries, and I have built a trailer for my MTB and I do the deliveries with the bicycle and trailer, gets lots of funny looks around the hood :tongue:

1288499_2326.jpg

I have changed my relationship with food, now it is only a matter of time, and I'll be back in shape.

I thank you all for inspiration and great examples, for all the great ideas, and laughs too.

Thanks, I'll be back in another 8 weeks to post more pics.

Stu in Tokyo Japan :drinker:

Replies

• kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is amazing.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Your bike is pretty neat and a great way to get exercise! Your attitude just exudes from your writing and I can tell that you are really changing your whole life. 1500 is really low, especially with all of your biking. If you ever hit a plateau, I would recommend adding some more calories. Can't wait to see your next update in 8 weeks!

Lisa
  • StuAblett
    Options
    Thanks kittytrix I think so too :blushing:
    Awesome job! Your bike is pretty neat and a great way to get exercise! Your attitude just exudes from your writing and I can tell that you are really changing your whole life. 1500 is really low, especially with all of your biking. If you ever hit a plateau, I would recommend adding some more calories. Can't wait to see your next update in 8 weeks!

Lisa

Thanks Lisa, I know the calorie intake is low, and I'm aware that when I do longer rides, I need to eat more to let my body recover, but one other thing I did not add to my lifestyle change list is that I now no longer eat when I'm not hungry, if I do feel hungry, I often check the clock and see that it is (for example now) 3PM here and I ate breakfast at 9 AM, getting hungry :smile: so I'll eat. I also no longer have any trouble with eating my fill, and leaving whatever I don't want to eat on my plate, I was brought up with the old adage "Clean your plate, you know there are starving kids in XYZ country, so clean your plate!" Well that would work if portion sizes were reasonable, but these days, yes even here in Japan, it just is not so, I see "Regular Meals" that top 2000 calories, and that is without any cake or pie or a drink, add a piece of pie and a big glass of Coke and holy cow you are over 3000 calories :noway:

If I'm full, I don't clean my plate, that is enough, we have tupperware just for those occasions :drinker:

I also drink a lot of water, at least 4 litres a day.

Cheers!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Stu, I'm so very impressed by you, 12 kgs in 8 weeks is fantastic.

I love love love your bike set up. You must be very talented with your hands, I bet it's quicker around the city than having to find a parking spot etc.

You look so different, congratulations!!!

GG
  • StuAblett
    Options
    Stu, I'm so very impressed by you, 12 kgs in 8 weeks is fantastic.

I love love love your bike set up. You must be very talented with your hands, I bet it's quicker around the city than having to find a parking spot etc.

You look so different, congratulations!!!

GG

Thanks Julie, yeah, I'm a bit of a bodger for sure :bigsmile:

I do have a three wheeled 50cc scooter that I have been using for years, it too is great around town, but no exercise involved. I used to fill it up with gas (5 liters) about three times every two weeks, now, only about once a month, so saving money too!

I feel great as well, got to run, work to do! :drinker:
  • MrsBling
    MrsBling Posts: 28
    Options
    Well done stu. Your looking and obviously feeling great. I guess you have nailed it now and best of luck with your future loss!
  • missyt78
    missyt78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    well done :O) you are a true insperation.. and even got me thinking about investing in a bike too :O)
    keep up the good work :O)

nikki x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!