The Divorce Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Make sure you do some strength training along with your cardio. Not to bulk up but tone. You will have an easier time with the whole loose skin issue after losing that much weight. Wish you all the best. Oh yeah, drink lots of water too.
  • Heatherdawn5410
    Options
    Going through the divorce process myself. Thats why I joined. I wanna change my life
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about life. It's going to get better.

Good luck with your new life and this new beginning!

And good luck with your weight loss too!
  • battleEx
    Options
    dont give up lady, keep doing that gym flow. cut the sugars and flours! you can do it!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Sorry you missed out on the fringe benefits of the Divorce Diet. I could not eat for months - I lived off of those Laughing Cow Cheese rounds and coconut water... I dropped about 30 pounds and got waaay too skinny for me. There was a dangerous mental switch that occured when I lost weight without trying - like I became exempt from watching what I ate because it did not apply to me anymore. When I finally got my appetite back, I did not gain right away - then I gained a little and was happy because I needed it - then I convinced myself I needed to gain a little more so 'lets have 4 slices of pizza for dinner and have ice cream for dessert'... and then I realized I was back on the express train of gaining!!! I am here trying to find a happy medium. It is frustrating because I remember how fast the pounds dropped off of me then and how slowly they are dropping now... but this time its healthy and controlled and will last :)

So, the moral of the story is that the Divorce Diet is not all its cracked up to be - it come with its own perils and challenges. Congratulations on a new start and good luck!

^^^^ this was me as well. I went through a divorce when I was 28 and then a really bad break up just over a year ago. In both cases, I losy my appetite, lost a lot of weight, then gained it all back. Divorce isn't easy, ever. It takes time for a lot of things to heal...from your mind to your heart to the way you view yourself. Keep your chin up!