Just do it! NO EXCUSES! 1 year / PICS TO PROVE

Options
Ok, on September 17th, 2012, I had my body fat measured at 44%. YES, 44%!!! As of today, I am a little over 1% away from my goal of 20% body fat!!! I measured in this morning at 21.1% body fat! How have I done this? NO MAGIC DIET PILLS, TRICKS, OR FAIRY DUST SPRINKLED ON MY FOOD! I take all the credit, sorry, not to toot my own horn, but the fact of the matter is, I did it through hard work and dedication. I looked at it like this, I wasted over a decade being fat, feeling bad about myself, having low self esteem, wishing I could wear sexy clothes, and wanting so bad to make my husband and kids proud; I wasted over a decade feeling this way... I figured, 100 pounds can be lost in 1 years time, with hard work. I can give up 1 year of my life, saying no, being strict, and working my *kitten* off, to finally be who I want to be. 1 year! Give up 1 year, by the time that year is up, I wont want to go back to my own ways, I will have learned to control myself... SO THATS WHAT I DID, I GAVE UP A YEAR, I said NO to my family members and friends who wanted me to go out to restaurants 3-5 times per week, I said NO to Saturdays that consisted of an entire bag of flaming hot cheetos, a 12 pack of beer, and a couple thousand calories of chocolate. I said NO to a second piece of cake, I said NO to 3 donuts, and instead only had 1... I said YES to daily exercise, I said YES to shopping for better choices at the grocery store, I said YES to being healthy, I said YES to wanting to live my life as the person I always wanted to be... 1 YEAR, THATS ALL IT TOOK, NOW IM HERE, AND I WAS RIGHT, I DONT WANT THE THINGS I WANBTED BEFORE. I am happy with a handful of hot cheetos, I am happy with just a couple beers, I am happy with 1 piece of cake, I am happy with only going to restaurants only once per week... 1 YEAR!

FAT3_zps9c2f4610.jpg
c21cd7a6-9bbb-407a-b892-c1f829853ad8_zpsf081519c.jpg
Skinnyme2.jpg
hollaaaaaaaaaa_zps218a465f.jpg
dress_zpse183f648.jpg
dress2_zps58da2f2f.jpg
158_zpse0818451.jpg

Replies

• julianalenny
    Options
    Congrats gorgous! I'm about 3 months behind, but I'm in almost the same boat! Thank you for the inspiration!!!!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    this is exaclty why i love you so much. congrats you look amazing!!!!! i cant wait for this to happen. thanks for sharing your story and being my friend on here.
  • littlenature
    Options
    Wow, you look smoking hot! Serious congratulations are in order, girl. And THANK YOU for the inspiration!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    OMSFG you look amazing.

I am striving for this as well thanks for the motivation.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! You look fabulous, congratulations!
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Fab-u-lous!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    thanks. i just wanted to post this because i spent over 10 years, starting a diet, quitiing a diet, buying this diet pill, trying that diet pill, all the while, my weight continued to climb. then a couple years ago, i again, started a diet like normal, and gave up 6 weeks into it. exactly 1 year later i thought, wow, that year went by fast, too bad i didnt stay on track, id be skinny by now... so then i started my final weight loss attempt. september 17 2012... figured, im going to complete 1 year, then see where i am... maybe ill go back to my old eating habits, maybe i wont, but im giving it 1 year of my life... and then,. before i knew it, 1 year went by, and i was 95 pounds lighter. it makes me so sad to see my friends and family struggle with thier weight, and do the start a diet, quit a diet, try this, try that thing that i spent a decade doing... i just want to share that for most of us, we can lose what we need to lose in 1 year or less so why not just give it a shot? many of us have spent a decade or more being over weight and un-healthy, so whats a year of sacrifice?
  • curlyloca
    curlyloca Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    WOW! Can you please bottle up your dedication and pass it my way?
  • jrfit79
    jrfit79 Posts: 30
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!! I can't wait to get where you are. I'm getting there slowly but surely. I have had a few bad days here and there but working out is becoming routine. Thank you for the inspiration!!!!!!' :)
  • Brandonalex15
    Brandonalex15 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I usually only look at guy tranformations but this was really inspiring .. Good work !
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring! You rock that dress! Wow!
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has said it or not. But lady your gorgeous. You were a pretty lady when you were heavier. Stunning and what a testimony to share, such inspiration to those of us still fighting the battle to lose it. Thank you for sharing your story and again CONGRATULATIONS on a job well done...
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Sexay mamacita!!!!! Awesome success story! You rock :drinker:
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Way to go!
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing story and very inspiring :) One year doesn't seem too bad now!

ETA: You look incredible! I hope to keep on track towards my own goals.
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Love your story.... Very inspiring :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Ok, on September 17th, 2012, I had my body fat measured at 44%. YES, 44%!!! As of today, I am a little over 1% away from my goal of 20% body fat!!! I measured in this morning at 21.1% body fat! How have I done this? NO MAGIC DIET PILLS, TRICKS, OR FAIRY DUST SPRINKLED ON MY FOOD! I take all the credit, sorry, not to toot my own horn, but the fact of the matter is, I did it through hard work and dedication. I looked at it like this, I wasted over a decade being fat, feeling bad about myself, having low self esteem, wishing I could wear sexy clothes, and wanting so bad to make my husband and kids proud; I wasted over a decade feeling this way... I figured, 100 pounds can be lost in 1 years time, with hard work. I can give up 1 year of my life, saying no, being strict, and working my *kitten* off, to finally be who I want to be. 1 year! Give up 1 year, by the time that year is up, I wont want to go back to my own ways, I will have learned to control myself... SO THATS WHAT I DID, I GAVE UP A YEAR, I said NO to my family members and friends who wanted me to go out to restaurants 3-5 times per week, I said NO to Saturdays that consisted of an entire bag of flaming hot cheetos, a 12 pack of beer, and a couple thousand calories of chocolate. I said NO to a second piece of cake, I said NO to 3 donuts, and instead only had 1... I said YES to daily exercise, I said YES to shopping for better choices at the grocery store, I said YES to being healthy, I said YES to wanting to live my life as the person I always wanted to be... 1 YEAR, THATS ALL IT TOOK, NOW IM HERE, AND I WAS RIGHT, I DONT WANT THE THINGS I WANBTED BEFORE. I am happy with a handful of hot cheetos, I am happy with just a couple beers, I am happy with 1 piece of cake, I am happy with only going to restaurants only once per week... 1 YEAR!

FAT3_zps9c2f4610.jpg
    c21cd7a6-9bbb-407a-b892-c1f829853ad8_zpsf081519c.jpg
    Skinnyme2.jpg
    hollaaaaaaaaaa_zps218a465f.jpg
    dress_zpse183f648.jpg
    dress2_zps58da2f2f.jpg
    158_zpse0818451.jpg

Well done on your year long journey, you definitely deserves your success. That dress is really you.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    So the question I ask is what kind of workouts did you do? I have been on here since 3/11 and have only lost 50 some lbs and yes, I want this but having a hard time ........my metabolism sucks and the weight wont come off then I get discouraged and eat. :(
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome transformation.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    WOW JUST WOW!!!!!

You are my inspiration!!!!!