Want to make a running group?

gymgirl3590
gymgirl3590 Posts: 46
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I am going to start running, I did my first 5k this weekend with my boyfriend (his first too), and we ran it together in a little under 40 minutes. I want to start walking/jogging/running 30 minutes a day hopefully every day (maybe take a day off during the week). I want to focus less on distance, and more on time spent exercising (but I am going to record the distance too).

If anyone else is looking to start trying to run regularly let me know =), we can do daily or weekly check ins =) also let me know if you know the easiest way to track this as a group let me know, I'm still new to using this site.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    I am a beginner runner too, I just try to keep up with friends on the newsfeed so if you are interested in that friend me :)
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    add me for sure - I just recently started running and am trying to step it up some more... I have signed up for a 15k in November and want to be able to finish it without being worn out as well as keep up with my friends...
    I dont know anything about keeping track of a group
    but I use runkeeper to log my runs.. it logs distance time elevation and so on - its awesome... it also does split times...

I also listen to Songza - its an app like Pandora or Slacker but there are playlists already made... they have great workout playlists.
  • I'd like to join in with this if possible. I've been doing zumba and kickboxing for a few months and i'm looking for a new challenge. Please feel free to add me. Any hints and tips gladly recieved.
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    i started running for weight-loss in may when i started C25K :D I am no half-marathon training, on average 4+ miles, 4 days a week, would love to join you all on your running progress :D running has become my passion :D
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    just started running!! MashAllah.
    would keep on doing it InshAllah!!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    I'd like to join, too. I'm a newbie runner and am near the end of C25K. I need a new challenge.
  • ramblinritz
    ramblinritz Posts: 24 Member
    I would like to be a part of a running group. I'm a slow turtle runner, but I keep at it. We did our first 5K this past Saturday and loved it!!.
  • jlucey15
    jlucey15 Posts: 1 Member
    This is cool and so nice of you to offer. I would really be interested in this. I am just getting into power walking/jogging at my trainers recommendation. I keep complaining about my thighs how I would like to see them a little slender and after all we have done, jogging is my problem solver (this will be seen). So count me in. Thanks.:flowerforyou!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    There's lots of groups already set up:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16649-moon-joggers-running-to-lose-weight-group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13157-from-plodders-to-sprinters
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5683-runners

The main thing is making sure the group stays active. I'm always looking to see people's opinions and achievements so I join a few and hope that one of them has activity lol.
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    If you are looking for a group to go running with and you are in the UK, try looking up your local park run. www.parkrun.org.uk/‎

There are lots around the country and you have people who are really serious as well as those that do it for a bit of healthy fun.

My first (and admittedly only) run (so far) with them was great and when I was ready to give up, there were people around me helping me continue.

I really need to get myself back ot there running, I loved it, but find it hard to get back into after a spell of not going... Maybe I will start my lunchtime runs again next week...
  • I'm in the US, but maybe theres something similar out here. I made a group and invited everyone who's replied, if anyone else is interested here is the link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16858-loopy-laces
This discussion has been closed.