Need Advice

Options
I have been dieting/working out for the past few years, but I took a break for a few months and gained about 15 pounds.

I am a pettite person, but I've always had a large appetite. I had my weekly goal at 1250cals/day (my BMR), but I usually end up averaging between 1300-1400 calories/day because I overeat on weekends as a result of going out with friends.

I've lost about 5 lbs so far in the past 3 months, but even at eating 1250 cals a day, I only lose 0.45 lbs/week. I really want to lose another 5 lbs by Halloween, so I was planning on eating 650 calories Mon-Thurs and 1250 calories Fri-Sun, averaging about 920cals/day. I think I can adhere to this for the most part, but I've read such mixed reviews about whether starvation mode is a myth or not, and I am nervous to actually implement this plan if it will be detrimental to my weight loss.

For exercising, I recently started working full time and have had trouble getting into a daily routine. I have been trying to go to yoga/zumba classes maybe 2-3 times a week.

I don't plan on doing this routine long-term, just for the month of October, and I wanted to know if this is something reasonable or if I should just stick to 1250cals/day and maybe lose 2lbs by Halloween.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of very low calorie diets, especially for someone who isn't obese. With just 15 pounds to lose, half a pound a week is actually right on target. 5 pounds by Halloween may just be too aggressive a goal.

If you really want to switch things up with a plan like this I would suggest you look into an intermittent fasting program like 5:2 fasting. You'd eat about 500 calories two days a week but then balance it out with maintenance calories the other 5 days.
  • rani54
    rani54 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks Diane! I'll look into IF routines.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    For me, this sounds like trouble!! 650 cals Monday-Thursday would set me up for a bad binge weekend because I would be depriving myself for four days.

Don't rush weight loss, and don't make yourself miserable by only eating 650 cals a day!!!! Stick to the 1250 everyday, rather then doing low calorie days like that. 1250 cals a day is already low enough, especially if you will be working out on top of that

Best of luck :flowerforyou: